riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

I think Argo could end up with no wins at the Oscars. :ph34r:All this "Argo fuck yourself Academy" is getting intense.Then again, it could also work in Argo's favour and it could be the first movie to win Best Picture and not get nominated for Best Director since Driving Miss Daisy.

• Like 1

Could Argo win BP?

It could since it got tech nominations, but no director nomination hurts it. Problem is that Globes voted before Oscar noms released so they're kind of a non-factor in areas with diverging nominees.Plus the Globe Drama curse still stands.

I hate politics. ZDT would probably be wiping the floor if it weren't for the made up torture controversy

Seriously! I'm still mixed on the movie (seriously need a rewatch since I wasn't being very attentive) but if anything is clear it's that the movie made no stance for or against torture. It was DEPICTED. Not fucking endorsed.

I'm sad about ZDT flopping in BP/BD two shows in a row.So so so so so so so so fucking happy that Lincoln is a total bomb thusfar though.

It's lead number of nominations in every big awards association but it hasn't won anything big for Picture/Speilberg. SLP needed a win here. The last comedy that lost the Globe and went on to win BP was Annie Hall.

Could Argo win BP?

Yes. It`s rare for a movie w/o nominated director to win (Driving Miss Daisey was the only one) but there`s definite goodwill towards Affleck in the room. he and his movie got standing Os. Not even DDL got standing O (means people aren`t that crazy about the prospect of his 3d win).