riczhang

70th Golden Globes - Discussion Thread (Winners in 1st Post)

Winners: Argo (obviously) Les Mis (beating SLP has to be pretty good for Universal if only because it's something they can advertise) Django (supporting actor and screenplay were both surprises) Losers: SLP (Lawrence was the only one who could get actress so it almost went home emptyhanded tonight. No Cooper and no Comedy/Drama is bad news) Lincoln (Argo took both of its big awards but TLJ didn't win either. It's still the frontrunner but it needs to start showing strength with a PGA win and a SAG Ensemble win)

By that logic only Amour is left standing. Prepare yourself riczhang.

It's not winning picture, but directing isn't impossible. It could get a late surge at BAFTA a la Pianist which is actually a fairly apt comparison. They just need to see the goddamn movie which they will now and it'll do very well I think with the Academy. I think it could end up winning Director, Actress, Screenplay, and Foreign. Lincoln will still end up winning.

It is. It was in one of the presidential debate trailers along with nelson mandela and luther king I think.

It's MLK, Mandela, US Soldiers at D-Day and Iwo Jima, Suffragettes, Gandhi, and Lower Manhattan skyline post 9/11. No Theresa.