CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

Minus a hero who has the macho charisma to wrap a movie around him like he owned it, the new “Ben-Hur” is an oddly lackluster affair: sludgy and plodding, photographed (by Oliver Wood) in nondescript medium close-up, an epic that feels like a mini-series served up in bits and pieces. 

Doesn't sound macho, epic or Shay enough.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Why is Variety calling this a "reboot"?   Like there would be a sequel to a nearly sixty year-old movie??

Honestly If this was a success I absolutely imagined them having another one.....somehow.

& honestly 43% RT is exceeding my expectations. 

• Like 1

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/08/ben-hur-review-bekmambetov-morgan-freeman-1201717615/

Ben-Hur has the luxury to favor love, and his natural inclination is kindled by a handful of chance encounters with a hardbodied and heavily accented local carpenter (Rodrigo Santoro is Sexy Jesus).

That's all I'm here for.

4bb7fd8a5c38f885925d051d00832bcd.jpg

I wonder what the IMAX rollout for this actually looks like. No IMAX theaters in SoCal have this playing on the IMAX screen this weekend. Same thing checking across more IMAX locations like Lincoln Square. I see that it has a few IMAX theaters in Kansas and Missouri currently but looks like it will have a very limited IMAX rollout.