BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

40 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

We have previews today with After + After 2 marathon and tomorrow, the film is released nationwide. Pre-sales are strong

It is looking big across similar markets (Portugal, Italy, Germany).

I knew this one two punch of Tenet and After was really gonna help Europe.

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why is this random young adult movie so popular in Europe lmao? 

Books were super famous ala Twilight. And the thing here is that the book was a Wattpad fanfic about Harry Styles (One Direction) and 1D were like super huge in Europe so a lot of directioners read the book and its sequels.

• Like 1

500 tickets sold for After We Collided for tomorrow in 4 cinemas I've always tracked with a lot of sellout shows in premium cinemas (TENET sold 727, New Mutants 76 for comps). Girls are going HAM for the film but it will be frontloaded. The first film did €1.03M last year and €50K on previews so this could do better. Cinema is back baby

Mini-update: After 2 - 521/1.655 tickets (31.48% sold)

Edited by ScareLol
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, ScareLol said:

500 tickets sold for After We Collided for tomorrow in 4 cinemas I've always tracked with a lot of sellout shows in premium cinemas (TENET sold 727, New Mutants 76 for comps). Girls are going HAM for the film but it will be frontloaded. The first film did €1.03M last year and €50K on previews so this could do better. Cinema is back baby

After We Collided opened 150% above the OD of the first one here. Biggest OD of the year so far. Theaters are definitly back in Europe.

• Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

After 2 won the weekend

I haven't received the numbers yet. Spain TENET numbers are based on total reported by WB, though will be almost that much.

However, I think that tweet may be using After 4 days being over TENET FSS as TENET had bigger Sat & Sun.

Ps. I wonder where exactly did After We Collided did $10.2mn as reported. Germany is $2.9mn, Italy $2.7mn, Portugal $0.25mn, Finland & Norway are $0.25mn. That's $6.1mn in 6 markets. The only other major market is Spain. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I haven't received the numbers yet. Spain TENET numbers are based on total reported by WB, though will be almost that much.

However, I think that tweet may be using After 4 days being over TENET FSS as TENET had bigger Sat & Sun.

Ps. I wonder where exactly did After We Collided did $10.2mn as reported. Germany is $2.9mn, Italy $2.7mn, Portugal $0.25mn, Finland & Norway are $0.25mn. That's $6.1mn in 6 markets. The only other major market is Spain. 

According to ScreenDaily, After grossed $1.06M in Spain and $7.9M globally https://www.screendaily.com/news/international-box-office-tenet-adds-58m-after-we-collided-makes-strong-start/5152910.article

6 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

The numbers for Italy and Germany seems low. Italy is 2.18mn euro itself, $ should be $2.6mn. 

ORDEN TÍTULO RECAUDACIÓN (€) VAR. ACUMULADO (€)
1 After: En mil pedazos 885.000   1.075.000
2 Tenet 868.000 -42% 4.101.000
3 Padre no hay más que uno 2 437.500 -28% 10.635.000
4 Antebellum 147.000   218.000
5 Los nuevos mutantes 139.000 -42% 685.000
6 Las niñas 81.000   81.000
7 La boda de Rosa 79.000 -34% 486.000
8 Trasto 78.500 -51% 570.000
9 100% Wolf 66.000   92.000
10 Superagente Makey 27.000 -55% 1.720.000

Spanish Top 10 thanks to Taquilla España https://www.taquillaespana.es/datos/top10-provisional-4-al-6-septiembre-after-gana-sorprendiendo/ The best of the bunch is Las Niñas with almost 1K PTA and After doing good numbers

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:27 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

Russia, UK, Canada ? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10362466/releaseinfo