riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

I'll probably never watch the Oscars again if she loses. :lol: But, most likely I'll see some foreign film that came out of Cannes and totally champion that all season.

High stakes 

So what did when she lost the other years she was nominated or did become a fan of years in the last couple of years. 

Can somebody explain to me, did Argo direct itself? I mean it's suppossedly the best movie so did it make itself? Affleck's ommision for the BD nomination was truly shocking.

I'd be curious to know when the last time was that a movie won Best Picture and the director wasn't even nominated. I remember Ridley Scott whining about losing Director when Gladiator won Picture, but at least Scott was nominated.

Go to JLaw's wikipedia page, and scroll down to the filmography section.  Now keep scrolling and scrolling through line after line for all her award nominations and wins for Winter's Bone, THG, and SLP.  :o  Absolutely amazing for just 3 movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Lawrence#Film

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 4

LOL.

Relax, what I meant was JLaw would get nominated many times just like Meryl. I know there will be only one Meryl Streep.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  That's not even offensive anymore, that's just downright funny, and delusional. Meryl's gonna get to something like 25 by the time she's done with acting. There's no one touching that, especially with the careers of Actresses getting shorter and shorter, and roles for older women getting scarcer and scarcer. People like Streep, Close, Riva, and etc. are anomalies in the BA race.

I'd be curious to know when the last time was that a movie won Best Picture and the director wasn't even nominated. I remember Ridley Scott whining about losing Director when Gladiator won Picture, but at least Scott was nominated.

Driving miss daisy

Happy about Tarantino and Waltz, not happy about Lee and Brave, shame (once again) about Deakins, nearly all the awards were as predictable as they could have been, except for Sound Editing (no idea what that was about, but glad ZDT won at least something), Director and Production Design. Some great jokes, some great speeches, but probably not enough of either. 

Beating Riva is fine, it's already happened and I'll get over it with copious amounts of sex, booze, and ciggies.

But, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE AND ONLY EVER ONE MERYL STREEP IN THE PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE. NO ONE WILL EVER BE LIKE MERYL EVER AGAIN. JUST LOOK AT HER PRESENTATION TODAY. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, DIVINE, AND ONE OF A KIND. 

Do you know what the term "gay" means? I think you might be a homomerylsexual. 

High stakes 

So what did when she lost the other years she was nominated or did become a fan of years in the last couple of years. 

I've been a fan of hers since Adaptation. And, I wasn't quite as crazy about her that year. Most other years I knew she wasn't gonna win, no way in hell so it wasn't too demoralising. But Violet Weston is just a crazy ass role, and it's like the oscar bait upon oscar bait. It's like a role that's normally only reserved for men, but for a woman this time. I'd be pretty fucking pissed if she lost.  

Edited by riczhang

Winners- 

Life of Pi- Most wins including an arguable upset in Directing over Spielberg... definitely #2 on overall preferential ballot tally

Argo- Obviously 

Django Unchained- Won Supporting Actor and Screenplay, both of which were the furthest from locks 

Losers- 

SLP- No Supporting Actor and no Screenplay 

Lincoln- No Picture, Director, or Screenplay 

ZDT- Only a Sound win and it was a tie 

What does Jlaw have up next?

Catching Fire

Serena (another movie with Bradley Cooper)

X-Men

Untitled Abscam film (next David O Russel movie)

The Ends of the Earth (another David O Russel movie)

Serena, Abscam, and The Ends of the Earth could be future Oscar bait though her role in Abscam is supposed to be small.

Catching Fire

Serena (another movie with Bradley Cooper)

X-Men

Untitled Abscam film (next David O Russel movie)

The Ends of the Earth (another David O Russel movie)

Serena, Abscam, and The Ends of the Earth could be future Oscar bait though her role in Abscam is supposed to be small.

Wow that's a lot of same co-workers as SLP.  I guess she had a good time with them.