riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

Predictions for the 86th Academy Awards: (Ranked Lists)

Actress:

[*]

[*]Meryl Streep - August: Osage County

[*]Sandra Bullock - Gravity

[*]Nicole Kidman - Grace of Monaco

[*]Kate Winslet - Labour Day

[*]Amanda Seyfried - Lovelace

Actor:

[*]

[*]Chiwetel Ejiofor - Twelve Years of a Slave

[*]Leonardo DiCaprio - The Wolf of Wall Street

[*]George Clooney - The Monuments Men

[*]Colin Firth - The Railway Man

[*]Forest Whitaker - The Butler (Obligatory hot mess nom)

Supporting Actress:

[*]

[*]Margo Martindale - August: Osage County

[*]Octavia Spencer - Fruitvale

[*]Juliette Lewis - August: Osage County

[*]Cate Blanchett - The Monuments Men

[*]Julia Roberts - August: Osage County (I have no idea where she'll end up) or

Nicole Kidman - The Railway Man

Supporting Actor:

[*]

[*]Ewan McGregor - August: Osage County

[*]Benedict Cumberbatch - August: Osage County (The Politically correct make-up nom for The Fifth Estate)

[*]Michael Fassbender - Twelve Years of a Slave

[*]Jean Dujardin - The Wolf of Wall Street

[*]Paul Giamatti - The Monuments Men

of course ric is predicting 6 acting nominations for August: Osage County Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

I wanted an exploration of the time paradoxes involved in the opening monologue. Captain Kirk came back to warn Seth about all the mistakes he was about to make yet he showed those mistakes anyway. What does this mean for the future? Are we doomed?

Well full circle. Went from top to bottom back to top.  Great story there.  While his buddy was in a green teletubby suit simulating blow jobs on the Jimmy Kimmel show, lol.

What was Affleck's bottom, may I ask? Hitting on J-Lo and being paid millions of cash to star in shitty movies like Gigli? I wish to be to that "bottom" once in my life.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Ok I'm at work so im a bit delayed..OMFG OMFG IM FREAKIN PUMPED THAT JENNIFER WON!!!!!!And screw DDL. I don't like him.

But they don't give out awards to people you like, this isn't a popularity contest. You can dislike DDL I guess ( not sure why) but you can't deny his talent. I hated TWBB, hated it with a passion, but his performance in it is one of the best make performances I have ever seen. DDL is a legend and he will be remembered as one forever, he is simply one of, if not the greatest actor to ever live.

But they don't give out awards to people you like, this isn't a popularity contest. You can dislike DDL I guess ( not sure why) but you can't deny his talent. I hated TWBB, hated it with a passion, but his performance in it is one of the best make performances I have ever seen. DDL is a legend and he will be remembered as one forever, he is simply one of, if not the greatest actor to ever live.

Sure, but his performance wasn't as good as Hugh Jackman's or Joaquin Phoenix'

DDL 's performances are always more impressive than likable if that makes sense.

The dude is a bit scary, his MO, the method thing and all ...