riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

But if they let that trend grows they will not have "careers" anymore since more and more companies are being shut down cause they're discounting their prices under the bar of breaking even. What if a studio you're looking to apply for a aid gig says "I won't hire you, you cost me too much, I could go to your school that'll do the same quality work for me, for free". Basically, you screw yourself because there's hundred of fresh meat behind you that are willing tp do what you did to lend a low paid gig in the first place.

First of all, studios don't do that. Secondly, studios don't WANT to do that because they'll get either sub-par work or it'll be a nightmare in terms of deliveries. (No offense at all to VFX students or students of any technical field, but there's a world of difference between what you do in school and how you do it and what you have to deal with on a "real" production).

One big problem is that subsidies are artificially lowering the cost of doing VFX (and other areas of production) so the studios are unwilling to have a good sense of what the actual cost is (because the VFX houses have to deal with that). What needs to happen is some sort of unionizing by the VFX industry (it's really surprising they don't have a VFX-wide union yet -- I know animators do). And studios & VFX houses & the industry in general needs to deal with runaway production and cheap overseas labor. Hopefully the little incident at the Oscars and the high-profile bankruptcy of Rhythm & Hues will help push people towards a solution.

Best Actress Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence was the talk of the town atSunday night’s awards after her bumpy walk to the stage and her candidacceptance speech made headlines. But she forgot to thank two peoplecritical to the making of Silver Linings Playbook — director David O.Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein. Below, she shares her thanks tothem in a statement released to EW:In the whirlwind of last night, I was remiss to thank two incredibly important people to this film and in my life.David O. Russell: Thank you for the most incredible experience of mylife. Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching methings about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor. You have somuch passion and such a bleeding heart, you believe not only in yourfilms but what your films can do for people and that is the mostimportant thing that I have learned from you.Harvey Weinstein: You championed this movie and its story from earlydays. Your passion and unyielding support gave this film theopportunity to thrive and touch so many people.Thank you to both. I will never be able to forgive myself for such abrain fart but I hope that you both can. Obviously it was not onpurpose, I couldn’t remember what I had already said and my mind wentcompletely blank–your brain does funny things during the mostoverwhelming moment of your life!

• Like 2

I like JLaw. She seems to have a great personality. But the constant lusting over her on the site is reminiscent of Star Wars nerds going crazy over princess Leia in a gold bikini.

Fortunately there has been plenty of lusting over Jessica Chastain in this thread :wub:
  • Like 1

First of all, studios don't do that. Secondly, studios don't WANT to do that because they'll get either sub-par work or it'll be a nightmare in terms of deliveries. (No offense at all to VFX students or students of any technical field, but there's a world of difference between what you do in school and how you do it and what you have to deal with on a "real" production).

One big problem is that subsidies are artificially lowering the cost of doing VFX (and other areas of production) so the studios are unwilling to have a good sense of what the actual cost is (because the VFX houses have to deal with that). What needs to happen is some sort of unionizing by the VFX industry (it's really surprising they don't have a VFX-wide union yet -- I know animators do). And studios & VFX houses & the industry in general needs to deal with runaway production and cheap overseas labor. Hopefully the little incident at the Oscars and the high-profile bankruptcy of Rhythm & Hues will help push people towards a solution.

That's right, studios already outsource work to lower costs or relocating to India and China. Don't be surprise if they ask US art students to do it for free in some kind of free internship program in the near future.

VFX workers got to unionize but I think it's little too late because VFX studios heads dig their own graveby playing by the rules set by movie majors. Majors won't put money on unionized studio workers (with rights that prohibit underbidden salaries that allow getting the job done in time for minimum costs and maximizing profits that VFX houses earned very little to stay afloat) if they can shop around and find low-cost VFX houses.

Talk about Jlaw backlash iss tupid because she is an actual talent with a greta line-up of ipcoming roles and a hot franchise. So it isn`t like she is JHud who won on singing alone although eevryone and their mother could see she won`t repeat the feat eevr again. And she`s on Smash and getting bad reviews for acting on that horrid show.

So Faraci should lay off of JLaw. She won fair and square and for a movie that is a hit with GA so nobody can say that the winner is someone only critics heard of.

Talk about Jlaw backlash iss tupid because she is an actual talent with a greta line-up of ipcoming roles and a hot franchise. So it isn`t like she is JHud who won on singing alone although eevryone and their mother could see she won`t repeat the feat eevr again. And she`s on Smash and getting bad reviews for acting on that horrid show.

So Faraci should lay off of JLaw. She won fair and square and for a movie that is a hit with GA so nobody can say that the winner is someone only critics heard of.

Who is this Faraci character and what did he say exactly ?

Who is this Faraci character and what did he say exactly ?

He`s one of 4 over-fed Internet bloggers (I must be careful what wors I`m using because accoridng to new rules of the forums celebs and celeb wannabes and failed celebs and clebes only in their mind are human beings and must not be bashed)  who used to write for Chud.com but was too good for them so he`s now operating his own blog badassdigest.com

• Like 1