I'm more than happy for THG beating DH2. It's a great film (aside from the horrible shaky cam). It's got a strong emotional core, and a lot of heart.

I'd be ecstatic if the four films all do above DH2.

If I love a film, I wouldn't care if it beats DH2. I'm rooting for TDKR to topple DH2 worldwide.

So, can you guys who saw Brave tell me what did you think? Does it really deserve the mixed reviews it's been getting or people are just overreacting because it didn't meet expectations for a Pixar movie? I don't wanna go into the "Review That Movie" thread and get spoilers :P

Noctis, that's the spirit for sure.

Anyway I saw Brave. i must admit while it was cute its the weakest pixar film I have seen in theaters(I did not see cars 1/2 in theaters). I would say I liked Cars 1 slightly more than this one. I hope they turn around with MU and 3 original flicks.

So, can you guys who saw Brave tell me what did you think? Does it really deserve the mixed reviews it's been getting or people are just overreacting because it didn't meet expectations for a Pixar movie? I don't wanna go into the "Review That Movie" thread and get spoilers :P

It's a different kind of film for Pixar, and I think it's possible that that's what's affecting the reviews. It's a relatively simple film that's more concerned with its themes than with its story. That said, I enjoyed every minute of it and think Pixar accomplished exactly what they set out to do. I also give it props for being as violent and intense as it was, and the more lowbrow humor somehow worked a lot better here than it might have in a different setting.

I liked it. It doesn't deserve the mixed reviews. All the Pixar emotional beats are there. Critics are definitely over reacting since it may not be a classic Pixar film to them, but I think while it is intense at times, it is also a very human Pixar film. It's more about the relationships then any grand life affirming story. It's totally worth the watch, though you could probably skip the 3D.

In terms of Pixar quality compared with their other movies, it's middle of the road. You should see it.

In my opinion it is better than A Bugs Life, Cars, and Up, my least liked Pixar movies (although they were all good). Though not on the level of a Toy Story 3/Nemo/Incredibles. It's in the middle.

I plan to see Mad3 but I'm betting that Brave will be my favorite animated film this year.