Excellent trailer, my fav yet. As others have said, last 40 seconds or so were magical. I understand marketing it like the first half, to bring in kids and families, etc. but it's the last 40 seconds of that trailer that will be bring the older aged Pixar fans like myself to the theater.

Name me one thing that reminds you of HTTYD besides the Scottish setting and some animation similarities in the character designs.

western Europe in medieval times

(some) male figures twice as big as female

missing limbs

fighting in a children's movie

I had no idea what it was about before I saw the trailer today. For some reason I had the impression from the title that it was about a horse. The trailer I saw is listed as trailer 2 in Apple Trailers. You can't really deny that it has a lot of similarities to HTTYD. Anyway, don't worry about my opinion. I'm not really the target audience and the only animated movie I've seen in theatres in the last decade is The Simpsons Movie. I only watched HTTYD for the first time on TV last year.

Name me one thing that reminds you of HTTYD besides the Scottish setting and some animation similarities in the character designs.

Would not the setting and the look of the characters pretty much cover the look of the entire movie? What else is there to look at?

If HTTYD was garbage I'd be arguing about this point more. But if it reminds people of HTTYD to get them curious enough to see it then by all means, I HEAR THERE ARE DRAGONS IN THIS

well that seems to be the main difference

Yes, that's my point. That's the only Dreamworks movie that this looks anything like.

The sense of humor on display in the first minute in the trailer is very Dreamworks-like. The Scottish lord imitating his daughter and the like. That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as there's a subtext or heart beyond those laughs. I think there will be, but that's not exactly easy to show in a trailer.

Hype would be through the roof if they just gave American audiences the Japanese trailer, but that gives away far more than the first thirty minutes of the movie. So I don't know what the right course of action is here. But I'll remind everyone that Pixar is infamous for weak-ish trailers.

Would not the setting and the look of the characters pretty much cover the look of the entire movie? What else is there to look at?

Yeah the overall look of the film may share similarities with HTTYD but I'm just saying I don't see any beyond that. The entire plot, concept, and characters of the movie seem very very different. Not to mention there are no dragons to be found here as far as I can tell. :P