Where do we start the "Brave WWW on RT" thread?

Christ, could this actually get worse reviews than Madagascar 3? I mean, I liked that movie but still...

tumblr_m53o5vDOBh1rvhi4po1_500.gif

Before last year I'd always been able to rely on Pixar to deliver a masterpiece on a yearly basis. They were a comfort, a reassurance that no matter how bad the year was for movies, they would always deliver. And now no matter how promising their future films sound or how great their trailers are, I'm always going to have an inkling of doubt. And I don't think there's anyone else I can put that kind of unconditional trust in now. Nolan, maybe? But he only makes a film every two years at the earliest. I won't have something to look forward to from anyone specific on an annual basis like I did with Pixar.

Edited by tribefan695

If this ends up with a worse RT score than Mad 3, that's two years in a row DWA has beaten Pixar critic-wise on RT. And Pixar barely beat HTTYD with TS3 (epic animation year).

That should turn everything on its head the next couple of years. It feels like we loonies really can't say much about quality against DWA until Pixar rights this ship.

Mad 3 beating a Pixar original. Unreal. The Mayans were right.

Edited by whoot

If this ends up with a worse RT score than Mad 3, that's two years in a row DWA has beaten Pixar critic-wise on RT. And Pixar barely beat HTTYD with TS3 (epic animation year).

It wouldn't have been such a huge surprise if Rise of the Guardians did it, but Madagascar 3? Ugh...

I think it's kind of silly to expect a masterpiece from PIXAR every time. I mean come on when a company/director is in the business for a long time eventually you're going to make some movies that are just OK or decent eventually. Take the regular Disney animation for instance. They have been around for 70+ years and have made many masterpieces but also some films that are not that good. Or how about Steven Spielberg, When he first started he made one masterpiece after another now though you can see many average films on his resume yet people still worship him

I think it's kind of silly to expect a masterpiece from PIXAR every time. I mean come on when a company/director is in the business for a long time eventually you're going to make some movies that are just OK or decent eventually. Take the regular Disney animation for instance. They have been around for 70+ years and have made many masterpieces but also some films that are not that good. Or how about Steven Spielberg, When he first started he made one masterpiece after another now though you can see many average films on his resume yet people still worship him

Yeah, but like I said, they were like a comfort food during their run. You could always count on them to deliver no matter how weak their advertising was or how bad the rest of the movies that were out were. If anyone said anything bad about them, all you'd have to do is retort "But it's Pixar!" and that would win your argument. That's no longer the case, it seems, and it kind of sucks.