Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

He definitely could have suffered a little longer. 

To to be honest I'm just afraid the result of all of this will be a new king of the north by the name of Littlefinger... :unsure:

I don't care how creepy he is of Sansa, there's no way on hell's earth he could be any worse than Ramsey. Sure he's cunning so he can be distrustful a bit, but one thing is he loved Cath and he loves Sansa (whether it's really love or lust who knows) so I doubt he'd intentionally hurt her.

36 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Game of thrones takes television to another level once again.

The build-up was excellent but I would put the battle itself below Blackwater and Castle Black (and Hardhome). The whole Littlefinger Gandalf bit was totally unnecessary if Sansa HAD JUST TOLD JON THAT A LARGE VALE ARMY WAS WAITING FOR THE SIGNAL TO SHOW UP.

Of course Jon didn't help matters by falling for the most obvious bait ever.

And Rickon certainly didn't help by RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE WHILE A DUDE IS SHOOTING AT YOU. Zig-zag that shit man.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

So do we know what is going on with House of Martell? I feel like after the assasination they've been zero lined. 

Given how well the show has handled every Dornish character not named Oberyn, I fully support Dorne just disappearing from the narrative.

• Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

The build-up was excellent but I would put the battle itself below Blackwater and Castle Black. The whole Littlefinger Gandalf bit was totally unnecessary if Sansa HAD JUST TOLD JON THAT A LARGE VALE ARMY WAS WAITING FOR THE SIGNAL TO SHOW UP.

And Rickon certainly didn't help by RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE WHILE A DUDE IS SHOOTING AT YOU. Zig-zag that shit man.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You actually nailed all three points I had beef with. I'm watching it with my family and him running in a straight line was the funniest and yet stupidest thing I said. I kept telling my parents why the fuck are you just running in a straight line, like seriously you need to zig zag it man, you aren't going to out run an entire field of hundreds of yards while a dude is flinging arrows at you if you're just gonna run straight. 

Yeah, I'm a bit confused over the Sansa/little finger thing. So did she know or make a pact before or after she had that talk with John? Because if before then yeah that made no sense why she was trying to give him advice if she could just tell him he has a back up army. I hope they clear that up because it did (sorry but i'm being honest) feel a bit corny that all of a sudden boom the good guys get bailed out, and there's no back story as to why.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

Yeah, I'm a bit confused over the Sansa/little finger thing. So did she know or make a pact before or after she had that talk with John? Because if before then yeah that made no sense why she was trying to give him advice if she could just tell him he has a back up army. I hope they clear that up because it did (sorry but i'm being honest) feel a bit corny that all of a sudden boom the good guys get bailed out, and there's no back story as to why.

In Episode 7 after she tries to tell Jon they need more men but he decides not to wait she writes a letter. It was definitely to Littlefinger and Redditors did some zoom magic to show what much of the letter actually said and yeah, it was to Littlefinger. Still doesn't excuse her not telling Jon at the beginning of the Episode that she sent a message and they should try to wait to see if the Vale shows up.

My guess is that after Jon/Davos/Tormund and the army headed out while Sansa was safe behind at camp, Littlefinger et al appeared and they all got a move on.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The build-up was excellent but I would put the battle itself below Blackwater and Castle Black. The whole Littlefinger Gandalf bit was totally unnecessary if Sansa HAD JUST TOLD JON THAT A LARGE VALE ARMY WAS WAITING FOR THE SIGNAL TO SHOW UP.

Ramsey Snow actually is not a bad battle tactican,

Jon Snow was just awful...  

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Glad they resisted keeping Ramsey alive and had him offed at the end. Shame Theon wasn't there to help Sansa release the hounds.

Also, that smile Sansa had while walking away was super damn creepy.

To be honest, I really thought Sansa and the red head whose like the leader of the wildlings (sorry I'm not great with names) was going to be killed along with Ramsey. But I agree her smile was badass. 

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

In Episode 7 after she tries to tell Jon they need more men but he decides not to wait she writes a letter. It was definitely to Littlefinger and Redditors did some zoom magic to show what much of the letter actually said and yeah, it was to Littlefinger. Still doesn't excuse her telling Jon at the beginning of the Episode that she sent a message and they should try to wait to see if the Vale shows up.

My guess is that after Jon/Davos/Tormund and the army headed out while Sansa was safe behind at camp, Littlefinger et al appeared and they all got a move on.

Damn, that went over my head as I don't recall the scene. It clearly went over my head, damnit! 

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Ramsey Snow actually is not a bad battle tactican,

Jon Snow was just awful...  

Jon's plan was decent if he actually followed it since it would have reduced some of the numerical advantage and flanking possibilities. Instead he fell for the bait and his whole army had to charge to protect his ass and left themselves exposed to the encirclement strategy.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Jon's plan was decent if he actually followed it since it would have reduced some of the numerical advantage and flanking possibilities. Instead he fell for the bait and his whole army had to charge to protect his ass and left themselves exposed to the encirclement strategy.

I  Felt like I was watching Rome Total War when I was kicking the computers ass lol 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Funny thing is, Sansa'd pretty much warned him Ramsey would pull something like that the night before and told him Rickon was as good as dead.

I guess Jon just has too much of Ned in him, which is ironic when you consider the most famous theory for this...

• Like 1

The only other thing that disappoints me is that we didn't see the North rally to Jon and Sansa. In the books you have 1/3 of the North rebelling against Roose and Ramsey and at least another 1/3 on the fence or secretly planning to backstab the Boltons. In the show it's the Wildlings and a few hundred guys from a couple houses.

Plus the show cut out Lord Wyman Manderly, a true secret badass.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The only other thing that disappoints me is that we didn't see the North rally to Jon and Sansa. In the books you have 1/3 of the North rebelling against Roose and Ramsey and at least another 1/3 on the fence or secretly planning to backstab the Boltons. In the show it's the Wildlings and a few hundred guys from a couple houses.

Plus the show cut out Lord Wyman Manderly, a true secret badass.

That's the worst part of the adaptation process from book to tv show for me to be honest. Forget how Dorne was treated, forget the Iron Islands, forget Gendry forever rowing, forget Lady Stoneheart, no Lord Manderly is the true shame.

Just now, Arlborn said:

That's the worst part of the adaptation process from book to tv show for me to be honest. Forget how Dorne was treated, forget the Iron Islands, forget Gendry forever rowing, forget Lady Stoneheart, no Lord Manderly is the true shame.

No Young Griff is worse in my opinion that removes the whole second dance the books are doing plus still haven't forgiven what they did to Stannis