Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Really liked this week's episodes. Felt like it took the pieces that had been moved into place over the past few episodes and brought them to their natural conclusion.

Also, fuckkkkkkkkk that promo looks like Battle of Helm's Deep level. 

• Like 2

Good episode, not as much happened as I would have hoped which means the finale is going to be hugely stuffed.

I think other than maybe a brief cameo in the finale, we won't see Arya again this season. For those people who are going to claim her arc in Season 5 and 6 has been a timewaste, the whole point is for Arya to learn assassin/fighting/etc skills so presumably when she gets back to Westeros she'll be exceedingly efficient at settling old scores.

I really wanted FrankenGregor to murderize Lancel. Meanwhile Tommen has went from pussy-whipped to sparrow-whipped. They've really dumbed down Ser Kevan and even Pycelle because if either of them had a brain they would know that if Cersei loses her trial, Tommen loses any right to rule since the Faith will make sure he gets declared a bastard and it will assume total control of King's Landing. Do we know what rumor Cersei had Qyburn look into? I can't recall.

Mereen was a timesink this episode just to set up finale action with fire catapult ships, dragons, Unsullied, Dothraki, and Greyjoys. I'm curious as to what Varys' mission is.

The Riverrun scenario played out pretty similar to the books, except Brienne/Pod weren't there and the Blackfish escaped instead of being killed off-camera. Also, by this point in the books Jaime essentialy doesn't give a rats ass about Cersei whereas in the show he is still head-over-heels obsessed with her.

• Like 3

Not a bad episode but cutting away the Blackfish fight, Arya offing the little bastard and the Siege of Mereen was fucking annoying.

I seriously hope episode 9 makes it up big time.

Edited by Boxx93

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Kinda disappointed actually that the Arya/Jaqen theory didn't pan out.

Yeah, I usually support and defend D&D and co. but apparently this seems a classic case of people overestimating them. That theory made too much sense to be likely anyway. :P

2 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

Not a bad episode but cutting away the Blackfish fight, Arya offing the little bastard and the Siege of Mereen was fucking annoying.

I seriously hope episode 9 makes it up big time.

Agree completely, wtf was that about? Cutting important scenes because they are difficult? Tsk tsk. This season is shaping up to be one of the worst in the series.

10 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Good episode, not as much happened as I would have hoped which means the finale is going to be hugely stuffed.

I think other than maybe a brief cameo in the finale, we won't see Arya again this season. For those people who are going to claim her arc in Season 5 and 6 has been a timewaste, the whole point is for Arya to learn assassin/fighting/etc skills so presumably when she gets back to Westeros she'll be exceedingly efficient at settling old scores.

I really wanted FrankenGregor to murderize Lancel. Meanwhile Tommen has went from pussy-whipped to sparrow-whipped. They've really dumbed down Ser Kevan and even Pycelle because if either of them had a brain they would know that if Cersei loses her trial, Tommen loses any right to rule since the Faith will make sure he gets declared a bastard and it will assume total control of King's Landing. Do we know what rumor Cersei had Qyburn look into? I can't recall.

Mereen was a timesink this episode just to set up finale action with fire catapult ships, dragons, Unsullied, Dothraki, and Greyjoys. I'm curious as to what Varys' mission is.

The Riverrun scenario played out pretty similar to the books, except Brienne/Pod weren't there and the Blackfish escaped instead of being killed off-camera. Also, by this point in the books Jaime essentialy doesn't give a rats ass about Cersei whereas in the show he is still head-over-heels obsessed with her.

really don't like what they have done with jaime and the amount of  trolling they did with lsh is just annoying. Its probably the wildfire with regard to cersei and the KL poltics have been stupid for two years now DD seem to have given up there. Meereen is just weird they just put in the battle of fire out of nowhere this season has been a waste of every essosi character honestly only the north story has moved forward this season. That is kinda of an issue they cut a lot out but replace with wastes like the joke scene or the pod and bronn scene and they have been doing that for years its getting annoying 

6 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

6.01 was was worse IMO.

Eh, I'll cut 6.01 some slack for having to deal with so many cliffhangers and getting the table set.  There wasn't any other way for it to really play out.

No One's problems rested more on how they executed what happened than what happened itself.

For example, I assumed all of this was just Arya's plan to kill the Waif and get out (itd make the most sense) but it wasn't clear.  Also, you kind of leave more confused about who the Faceless Men are than when the House of Black and White storyline started.  The Blackfish was killed offscreen.  The Hound's mowdown was a bit anti-climatic.  The LSH trolling was just annoying, I get if they don't want to add her to the story, but don't continually tease it in the story and then it not happen (and with Beric alive I can only assume it's not happening).  And the Riverlands felt pretty inconsequential overall for how much time it took up these two episodes.

It wasn't a bad episode, I just think it could have been executed better.  I do get though they needed to wrap up these storylines to hit the big ones in 9 and 10.

Id rank the season (so far)

1.The Door

2.The Book of Stranger

3.Oathbreaker

4.The Broken Man

5.Home

6.Blood of My Blood

7.The Red Woman

8.No One

Edited by The Pandaren
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Spoiler

Possibly Wildfire under King's Landing.

Edited by Jayhawk

I really liked it. Arya's story-line was resolved in a bit of a weird fashion though. Is that it for Jaqen in Game of Thrones? About that half smile at the end, was he pleased with Arya simply because he's got a soft spot for her or did he manipulate the whole thing to have this outcome? And if so, why? Am I overthinking any of it?