42 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The Hammer saves this thing from being dull and makes it watchable and even enjoyable. Mickey Rourke would have been in that sentence too had he had more than two lines to say in the entire movie. You can really notice how rushed this production was though.

6/10

Some really good scenes here and there, but nothing can save this movie, it only exists as a set up, having all symptoms one: overstuffed, overcooked, episodic, repetitive, hollow and messy. The Marvel machine at its worst, even the director doesn't seem to give a shit.

45/100

Iron Man 2 is one of the weakest Marvel movies. In comparison to its loosely plotted predecessor, this is full of so many subplots that are ridiculously underdeveloped. Johannson and Jackson are wasted in this movie, stuck with caricatures rather than characters. The Avengers subplot surprisingly works better than most of the other nonsense, mostly because the subplots are forced rather than actually develop Tony Stark as a character. To be honest, it's hard to say what the main plot is, because they all have about the same level of development. Rourke is incredibly boring as the villain, although Sam Rockwell's dweeby financier has some amusing moments. Paltrow and Downey still have great chemistry though, and their scenes together are the highlight of the film. Downey is also still pretty fun to watch throughout it. Nevertheless, Iron Man 2 is a disappointment in nearly every regard, and an incredibly weak superhero movie. D+

I can understand why some people didn't care much about this film. I don't understand why people despised it as much as they did.

However....I enjoyed it a bit myself. I liked Mickey Rourke as the villain. Robert Downey Jr. still shines as Tony Stark.

It may be the least appreciated of the Iron Man-trilogy.....but I'm not gonna say it's a bad movie.

A-

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2013 at 3:31 AM, redfirebird2008 said:

Boring film, which is the worst thing you can say about a big budget action flick.

'it raped my children' is arguably the worst thing you can say about a big budget action flick.

It feels every bit as murky boring garbage as the Incredible Hulk was, but because it is more "relevant" to the MCU it's a little easier to watch.

There's an endless list of bad choices. Almost every joke is lame, War Machine is the most irrelevant and boring sidekick a superhero could have, the main plot is pretty much a b-plot and actually sucks, Mickey Rourke sucks even more etc, it might be the most half-assed movie Marvel will ever make. On the other hand RDJ-Paltrow chemistry, clumsy introductions for people that will be important down the line and Sam Rockwell's fun douche make it more tolerable. Still being slightly less boring than the Incredible Hulk isn't exactly a badge of honor.

D+.

Edited by Joel M
  • Like 1