rockNrollaDIM

JLAW

Given this and the "Do you believe in god?" thread, I have reasonable evidence to conclude that more people on here worship Jennifer Lawrence than any significant religious god.

I know. Tragic ain't it?

It's kinda strange though. We have some of the greatest actresses of all time working right now, but the next generation looks to be mostly lame. But, with the actors, the greats are passing it on to the next generation. I mean look at Cumberbatch, and co. They'll be great one day. 

Cumberbatch? Don't get me wrong, I like him and all but I haven't seen him do anything on the level of Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, John Cazale. Come on now. I've seen him in plenty of things. I just watched the entire series Parade's End with him and Rebecca Hall. He was okay. Enlighten me will you?

• Like 1

What do you think of it? I liked Eddie ( :wub:) better but I had to let go of that at some point. :lol: Les Mis's been out for 2 months now. 

You should have held out for a better shot. Leo looked so good in that Gatsby trailer. Holy crap.

Cumberbatch? Don't get me wrong, I like him and all but I haven't seen him do anything on the level of Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, John Cazale. Come on now. I've seen him in plenty of things. I just watched the entire series Parade's End with him and Rebecca Hall. He was okay. Enlighten me will you?

I see great potential in him. I think his performance in Tinker Tailor, (along with everyone else's) is absolutely phenomenal. I think he's still looking for the right drama to really shine brightly in. Maybe August, or Fifth Estate, or one of the other 1231291823 movies he's going to be starring in in the next year or two. 

I see great potential in him. I think his performance in Tinker Tailor, (along with everyone else's) is absolutely phenomenal. I think he's still looking for the right drama to really shine brightly in. Maybe August, or Fifth Estate, or one of the other 1231291823 movies he's going to be starring in in the next year or two. 

How old is he?  Seems like he's been around forever.  I first saw him in Atonement. Then he seemed to pop up here and there in movies I was watching. And yeah I do agree, he was really good in Tinker Tailor Spy. Now that I'm remembering that movie, he was really good in that. He actually stood out to me. At least his character did. But still I just don't see him holding down the lead in a feature. A great character or emsemble guy. But I could be wrong. His voice is awesome though.

But getting back to Jennifer since it is her thread. I do agree that she is more talent than skill but I can see her getting better by learning from experience. But hell she already won the highest honor an actress can get it remains to be seen if she is even motivated to do that. She has nothing else to prove except staying in the game.. There is one point of view that Joan Crawford was not a great actress. Bette Davis even made the made the remark, "She not an actress, she's a movie star" Joan Crawford made a long career out of being "just a movie star", lol.

How old is he?  Seems like he's been around forever.  I first saw him in Atonement. Then he seemed to pop up here and there in movies I was watching. And yeah I do agree, he was really good in Tinker Tailor Spy. Now that I'm remembering that movie, he was really good in that. He actually stood out to me. At least his character did. But still I just don't see him holding down the lead in a feature. A great character or emsemble guy. But I could be wrong. His voice is awesome though.

But getting back to Jennifer since it is her thread. I do agree that she is more talent than skill but I can see her getting better by learning from experience. But hell she already won the highest honor an actress can get it remains to be seen if she is even motivated to do that. She has nothing else to prove except staying in the game.. There is one point of view that Joan Crawford was not a great actress. Bette Davis even made the made the remark, "She not an actress, she's a movie star" Joan Crawford made a long career out of being "just a movie star", lol.

Benedict's 36. I don't think he'll ever headline a franchise, but he'll do plenty of indie flicks and hopefully earn a few Oscar nods and a win. 

Joan Crawford had to be a great actress in order to achieve movie star status. She made a greater star and legend than an actress; but to say that she wasn't a great actress is just absurd. It's like saying Katherine Hepburn wasn't great, and wasn't an actress because her legend and persona was greater.