rockNrollaDIM

JLAW

Benedict's 36. I don't think he'll ever headline a franchise, but he'll do plenty of indie flicks and hopefully earn a few Oscar nods and a win. 

Joan Crawford had to be a great actress in order to achieve movie star status. She made a greater star and legend than an actress; but to say that she wasn't a great actress is just absurd. It's like saying Katherine Hepburn wasn't great, and wasn't an actress because her legend and persona was greater. 

Though I do think Joan Crawford was a great actress (Mildred Pierce is enough for me) I don't think that's necessarily true. Marilyn Monroe was definitely a movie star but I wouldn't call her a great actress by any stretch. She was better than given credit for but not great imo.

This JLaw obsession is quite ridiculous. She didn't cure cancer, did she?

PS. Don't be mad. I like her too.

Aw it will blow over. But she has been on an incredible ride this last year. People are rooting for her. Her short career has been pretty impressive imo. But yeah, the obsession. :lol:

• Like 1

Though I do think Joan Crawford was a great actress (Mildred Pierce is enough for me) I don't think that's necessarily true. Marilyn Monroe was definitely a movie star but I wouldn't call her a great actress by any stretch. She was better than given credit for but not great imo.

Ugh.... I knew someone was gonna bring this up. I have no explanation for Marilyn. Her fame and stardom vs. skill is more fitting in today's young generation of actresses.

This JLaw obsession is quite ridiculous. She didn't cure cancer, did she?

PS. Don't be mad. I like her too.

JLaw obsession makes more sense than Cumbebritches trying to highjack a JLaw thread. How the hell a beautiful very young Oscar winning leading lady compares to unusual-faced middle aged character actor? Must you people shovel him in every single thread? He ain`t gonna be male Joan Crafford, OK? Joan was the leading lady, he`ll never be the leading man. He`ll do way better than his buddy Freeman, though, because Freeman is non-descript and Cumberbatch at least shocks you which is better than blanding into the background and being mixed up with 100000000000 + other non-descript actors.

JLaw obsession makes more sense than Cumbebritches trying to highjack a JLaw thread. Makes much more sense. How the hell a beautiful very young Oscar winning leading lady compares to unusual-faced middle aged character actor? No idea. Couldn't care less about him. Must you people shovel him in every single thread? Never did. He ain`t gonna be male Joan Crafford, OK? Joan was the leading lady, he`ll never be the leading man. He`ll do way better than his buddy Freeman, though, because Freeman is non-descript and Cumberbatch at least shocks you which is better than blanding into the background and being mixed up with 100000000000 + other non-descript actors.

Edited by The Stingray

JLaw obsession makes more sense than Cumbebritches trying to highjack a JLaw thread. How the hell a beautiful very young Oscar winning leading lady compares to unusual-faced middle aged character actor? Must you people shovel him in every single thread? He ain`t gonna be male Joan Crafford, OK? Joan was the leading lady, he`ll never be the leading man. He`ll do way better than his buddy Freeman, though, because Freeman is non-descript and Cumberbatch at least shocks you which is better than blanding into the background and being mixed up with 100000000000 + other non-descript actors.

This. You wanna talk about homeland fame only, Cumberbatch is the poster boy. He's a nobody and a never will be in the US.

Ugh.... I knew someone was gonna bring this up. I have no explanation for Marilyn. Her fame and stardom vs. skill is more fitting in today's young generation of actresses.

Well duh!