Wadey Wilsoney

Favorite villains, best scenes

Darth Vader- Every scene ever. He's the best. 

Hans Landa- The first scene, an absolute masterclass in acting

The Joker- The pencil scene, of course

Bane- Most scenes, I found myself to be incredibly fond of Bane despite the hate he got. He's the Brock Lesnar to the Joker's CM Punk. Especially loved the first big fight.

Calvin Candie- The dinner scene

Goldfinger- The "I expect you to die" scene. Iconic

Dr. Evil- Every scene in the first two  :lol:

Not a movie but....

King Joffery- There's a bunch in season two, especially in the early going. What a prick. 

• Like 1

Noah Cross (John Huston) in Chinatown - one of the greatest, most corrupted, most powerful and most realistic villains ever while appearing only in three scenes. "What can you buy that you can't already afford?" - "The future, Mr. Gitts, the future!"

John Doe (Spacey) in Se7en - "DETECTIVE" & the final scene

Keyser Soze (Spacey) in The Usual Suspects - one of the most fascinating villains, I think, in any piece of fiction, not despite, but largely because of how much about him we can't know for certain

Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) in The Matrix - "you are the disease of this planet, and we... are the cure"

Frank (Henry Fonda) in Once Upon a Time in the West (his introduction)

Gregory Anton (Charles Boyer) in Gaslight - one of the most compelling manipulative bastards in all cinema

Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper) in Blue Velvet - just watch the movie all right

• Like 2

Oh, and I might be one of the few people with this strong a reaction, but how about The Caller (Pat Healy) in Compliance. I wanted to make the motherfucker suffer horribly and for as long as humanly possible. Most despicable villain of last year far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Noah Cross (John Huston) in Chinatown - one of the greatest, most corrupted, most powerful and most realistic villains ever while appearing only in three scenes. "What can you buy that you can't already afford?" - "The future, Mr. Gitts, the future!"

John Doe (Spacey) in Se7en - "DETECTIVE" & the final scene

Keyser Soze (Spacey) in The Usual Suspects - one of the most fascinating villains, I think, in any piece of fiction, not despite, but largely because of how much about him we can't know for certain

Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) in The Matrix - "you are the disease of this planet, and we... are the cure"

Frank (Henry Fonda) in Once Upon a Time in the West (his introduction)

Gregory Anton (Charles Boyer) in Gaslight - one of the most compelling manipulative bastards in all cinema

Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper) in Blue Velvet - just watch the movie all right

As an old movie lover also....

* Tommy Udo/Richard Widmark in Kiss of Death

* Both Terminator Villains in Terminator 1 and 2

* Amon Göth - Ralph Fiennes - Schindler's List

* Captain Bligh - Charles Laughton - Mutiny on the Bounty

* Max Cady - Robert Mitchum - Cape Fear

* The Step-Mother in the Sixth Sense who poisoned the little girl - her step-daughter > b*tch!

As an old movie lover also....

* Tommy Udo/Richard Widmark in Kiss of Death

* Both Terminator Villains in Terminator 1 and 2

* Amon Göth - Ralph Fiennes - Schindler's List

* Captain Bligh - Charles Laughton - Mutiny on the Bounty

* Max Cady - Robert Mitchum - Cape Fear

* The Step-Mother in the Sixth Sense who poisoned the little girl - her step-daughter > b*tch!

I have yet to see Kiss of Death and Mutiny on the Bounty, but absolutely kicking myself over forgetting Amon Goeth. He absolutely has to be one of the scariest, ugliest and most despicable villains in cinema. 

I can't consider William Bligh a villain. Sure he was a huge hard-ass and vindictive, but his crew got lazy and thought living in the tropics was better than actually honoring their commitment to the British Navy.

Laughton was aces as Bligh.

I can't consider William Bligh a villain. Sure he was a huge hard-ass and vindictive, but his crew got lazy and thought living in the tropics was better than actually honoring their commitment to the British Navy.

Laughton was aces as Bligh.

Well that was my opinion of Javert in Les Mis who was only doing his job.

But Bligh went over the line with his punishments and whippings. Could have just locked up the people.

javier bardem  no country for old men

ian mckellen x-men

heath ledger  the dark knight

christoph waltz inglorious bastards

bill nighy pirates of the caribbean dead mans chest

anthony hopkins the silence of the lambs

andy serkis the lord of the rings

alan rickman die hard

louise  fletcher one flew over the cukoo s nest

geoffrey rush pirates of the caribbean the curse of black pearl

hugo weaving the matrix triology

Well that was my opinion of Javert in Les Mis who was only doing his job.

But Bligh went over the line with his punishments and whippings. Could have just locked up the people.

I agree. Javert is not a villain. Javert is an antagonist.