Shawn Robbins

Weekend Numbers (OZ: 80 mill)

Yeah, didn`t they sequel Narnia after Caspian debacle because merchandise sales were strong?

I think that was a different situation because Disney ditched the franchise and Walden Media took it to Fox... though of course Fox was interested because of merchandise and foreign markets. Edited by Telemachos

A mixed bag of news for Oz but in the end I think it did just fine. It was a 5M less than I hoped but 5M more than Disney projected. Obviously they would've liked more from here and especially from the OS markets. However, I'd wait to call of a sequel yet. I think Disney probably already factored the probability of a less than stellar OS because its not the most familiar story and no major international star. But considering that the Disney is about developing franchises/characters that help drive the other sides of Disney, I think it fits in its long term plan.

Oz is a floppit no way around it. Disney expected AIW numbers hence the budget + marekting and this is falling way short of that target. merchandise will make it profitable enough maybe even for a sequel but it doesn`t change the fact it`s a floppit. They were really pushing the epic angle for such shoddy OS returns.

• Like 1

Since OZ won't lose as much money as John Carter and Mars needs Mom, is there a slight probability that they will endure the losses and keep going with the sequels? They maybe want to create a franchise that will continue increasing in gross, and it would cover the costs for the first few movies at some point later on. If the do a sequel to this, and that won't increase a tad over this one, I think that's when they will give it up.

Moderators, you think the Friday number thread was out of control?Well, wait until IM3 comes out :rofl:

I heard rumors on the streets that the derailing mafia is planning a strike somewhere in the middle of June.

• Like 1

Oz is a floppit no way around it. Disney expected AIW numbers hence the budget + marekting and this is falling way short of that target. merchandise will make it profitable enough maybe even for a sequel but it doesn`t change the fact it`s a floppit. They were really pushing the epic angle for such shoddy OS returns.

I do remember people saying that about Hobbits first OS numbers..."Oh, it's awful. Such underwhelming OS numbers. This is definetly going to keep it from earning $1B."Now Hobbit has made $1B worldwide.