Shawn Robbins

Weekend Numbers (OZ: 80 mill)

Massive $150.2M global opening for #Oz. $69.9M o'seas in 46 mkts covering 80% of intl mktplace. China/France to come.

Gitesh is clueless, 70m opening ww is anything but massive with 80% of international market covered.

Edited by The Futurist

Massive $150.2M global opening for #Oz. $69.9M o'seas in 46 mkts covering 80% of intl mktplace. China/France to come.Gitesh is clueless, 70m opening ww is anything but massive with 80% of international marker covered.

like I said, as for WW opening, they only look at the numbers but not the markets.Remember when they All say "great OS opening" for John carter when JC opened to 73m last march ... In the end, we all know what happened...
  • Like 1

500M WW looks to be the right target for OZ at this point.Sequel probably won't happen any time soon.

Sequel won't happen at all. It had a 200 production budget and 100 for marketing = 300. It needs 600+ to get a pass.

• Like 1

Oz, according to the brilliant definition given by Fish some pages ago,would be Floppit number ... 5 ???

I lost count ...

This would be the first movie that would get that title because it deserved it, not because it didn't rise to expectations.

Pretty disappointed by it's run, though. I enjoyed it a lot.

Assuming OZ gets to half of AIW worldwide number (little above 500m) in the end, can we say the avatar effect + Depp had a mega 500m boost to AIW ? Considering both AIW and OZ have similar receptions, WOM wise ...

The massive success of alice still puzzles me ...

Edited by The Futurist

Assuming OZ gets to half of AIW worldwide number (little above 500m) in the end, can we say the avatar effect + Depp had a mega 500m boost to AIW ? Considering both AIW and OZ have similar receptions, WOM wise ...

Alice In wonderland has some killer facts that contributed to the gross.

3D coming out of Avatar - people still loved it.

It had Burton

It had ridiculous star power - Hathaway, Depp, Bonham Carter, Sheen and Rickman

No serious opponents in schedule...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7Ue2wX6iQ