Ezen Baklattan

Early Weekend #s - The Call Ahead Of Wonderstone!

I'm glad Burt Wonderstone is an atomic bomb it looks horrible.The Call has had a shitload of advertising.

Yeah, I don`t get all the tears and anguish about that atomic bomb either. Carrey&Carrell received ridiculous paychecks for this trash so more power to GA for smelling a turd from a mile away. And C&C didn`t bother to promote it either despite being paid to do so. Karma.

The Call was advertised like crazy and Halle Berry hate is unjustified.

Edited by fishnets

Yeah, I don`t get all the tears and anguish about that atomic bomb either. Carrey&Carrell received ridiculous paychecks for this trash so more power to GA for smelling a turd from a mile away. And C&C didn`t bother to promote it either despite being paid to do so. Karma.

The Call was advertised like crazy and Halle Berry hate is unjustified.

Carrell did promote it. He even appeared on Sports Center plugging it for some reason. Still didn't help.

Wonderstone numbers aren't surprising. Didn't look at all funny. But the Call numbers are, especially since the whole movie was given away in the 2 1/2 minute trailer. Berry/Breslin > Carrell/Carrey is a big surprise. The shoot-em-up movies are dying, but kidnapping ones are still holding on.

I also understand all the Olivia Wilde negativity now. Wonderstone - fail. C&A - fail. Change Up - fail. Tron - success, but not because of her. Year One - fail. I also notice shes one of the few supporting characters that always gets her face on the poster. Wonderstone I doubt is a fail because of her, but maybe she should try TV.

But the Call numbers are, especially since the whole movie was given away in the 2 1/2 minute trailer. 

I think it was Zemeckis who said he basically shows the whole movie in the trailer because that's what people want. 

Wonderstone numbers aren't surprising. Didn't look at all funny. But the Call numbers are, especially since the whole movie was given away in the 2 1/2 minute trailer. Berry/Breslin > Carrell/Carrey is a big surprise. The shoot-em-up movies are dying, but kidnapping ones are still holding on.

I also understand all the Olivia Wilde negativity now. Wonderstone - fail. C&A - fail. Change Up - fail. Tron - success, but not because of her. Year One - fail. I also notice shes one of the few supporting characters that always gets her face on the poster. Wonderstone I doubt is a fail because of her, but maybe she should try TV.

She was in House.

Lower jump for Oz compared to Alice, but still very good. The weekend will be 41-42m, and if it gets 3x multiplier from here (which is what Alice got), it will finish with over 225m.Should cross 180m by next Sunday and 200m by next.

Tron 2 was sorta fail too. Too expensive. Theys eriously expected Avatar 2 and the thing couldn`t crack $200 mio dom.

Edited by fishnets

Wilde wasn't actually on the Wonderstone poster. She had a character poster (not sure how widely used those were), but the final poster had Carrell, Carrey, and...Steve Buscemi :lol:

Smaller jump for Oz than I hoped but still a good jump. It was doing better than AiW during the weekday so its not surprising that the Friday jump was a little less. Maybe it'll have a better than expected Saturday jump for a 43-44M weekend.