Impact

Animated Feature-2013

I do think politics could play a factor when American voters view the film since he was also indirectly responsible for Pearl Harbor. No doubt they hurt Zero Dark Thirty's chances last year.

yeah I think it could bother some conservative Oscar voters.

I think the only reason Frozen is winning (a movie that everyone on this forum seems to think is the best thing since sliced bread) is because it is a very weak year. I mean, what other Best Animated Film winners could it have beaten in any other year? Happy Feet maybe? That's about it.

• Like 2

Watch the Academy just give it to Pixar again and everyone lose their shit. :P

Hell if they could do it last year, it could happen this year. The only real difference is WIR wasn't the box office success of Frozen, but the Academy often doesn't care about what the biggest success was. They completely snubbed Tangled from the noms that year. They don't seem to like WDA much.

Edited by MovieMan89

Watch the Academy just give it to Pixar again and everyone lose their shit. :P

Hell if they could do it last year, it could happen this year. The only real difference is WIR wasn't the box office success of Frozen, but the Academy often doesn't care about what the biggest success was. They completely snubbed Tangled from the noms that year. They don't seem to like WDA much.

It's not happening this year. Frozen (and The Wind Rises) are the clear frontrunners, unlike last year where most of the nominations seemed to have at least some chance of winning, causing enough discord for Brave to have a chance. This year though, those two aforementioned films are absolutely sweeping the award ceremonies. 

Also, there were only 3 nominations the year Tangled was released and it obviously wasn't going to beat Toy Story 3 and/or HTTYD anyway.

• Like 1

I think it's a lock at this point. The huge box office, lack of competition... etc.

yeau u right

Now Im 100% not 99 sure its winning

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2014/01/hayao-miyazaki-revokes-retirement-announcement/

Looks like The Wind Rises won't be a farewell masterpiece after all.

amazing news! 

Now I'm totally less bothered by TWR losing lol!

Edited by Tauriel