CAYOM Year 7 Discussion

... If Dark Victorian is going there, no way am I moving LucIId. I'm certain it would win over the teen crowd from Amulet anyway. ;)

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS! JUST MOVE IT DAMMIT!

Edited by Alpha

No, I've moved my films before too, and I've never had a serious war anyway. I need LucIId in July, and I'm not opening it against another sequel. Amulet will have much better legs anyway; it's still the only family movie for ten weeks. If you're really worried about it, move it to August; I think both films can do well on the current date though.

Alpha, Blank had that July 28th date from the start. You can't just move in and refuse to budge, expecting him to move LucIId before you move Amulet.

Doesn't matter. I'm entitled to that spot just as much as LucIId is.

Alpha, on 25 Mar 2013 - 20:01, said:Move it to June 23.And face off with the second week of a Numbers/Bigelow tentpole? That sounds terrifying. :P

And the fourth week of Sparky.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

I think either August 4 or 11 should be fine. August AND September are clean of family movies as of now, so it'll have great legs.

I'm not expecting huge grosses for Amulet anyways. I'd be a happy camper with $25-30 million OW.

Edited by Alpha

I think that at that point in the year, reviews won't really matter that much. It's more of whether or not we've experienced extreme Animation Fatigue.And seriously, it's way too earl to be having this discussion. Year 6's loose ends haven't been tie up yet, and Year 7's just started. :lol:And for the way too early question, BP nominees? And top 3 at the BO?

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

And for the way too early question, BP nominees? And top 3 at the BO?

For BP nominees, I'm thinking Three Month Funeral, Risk Management, Rise And Fall Of Julius Caesar, Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time, and (battling for the final spot) Innocense or Extrasensory.

• Like 1

The reviews for Amulet could be the difference between a breakout and a disappointment.

I'm hoping for the best. At first I was afraid but now I'm pretty confident. The second half of the film is definitely my favorite part of the film.

For BP nominees, I'm thinking Three Month Funeral, Risk Management, Rise And Fall Of Julius Caesar, Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time, and (battling for the final spot) Innocense or Extrasensory.

Though I could see Heavy Rain making it to the tiebreaker if it's a great film.

I don't think that Curious Incident or Innocense will ultimately get the reviews necessary to get nominated. I think maybe Alfred's Foreign, White War I believe it's called. Extrasensory, and Creator's Lynch, will be contending for nom spots in addition to the other 3 you mentioned.