Wadey Wilsoney

That movie didn't age very well

The greenscreen effects of Sin City look like absolute shit today IMHO

im not agueing that it doesnt look dated but the vfxs were dated when the film was made anyway.it was a delibrate style choice

it comes down to a personal choice about that style of film really.. me im not a fan but i cant call the film dated when it was done on purpose

im not agueing that it doesnt look dated but the vfxs were dated when the film was made anyway.it was a delibrate style choice

it comes down to a personal choice or small budget about that style of film really.. me im not a fan but i cant call the film dated when it was done on purpose

fixed ;)

Batman 89 and Batman Returns.  The later in particular looks like a sound stage rather than a real city. 

It might be dated now but I always liked the fact that Tim Burton made his own Gotham City rather then taking a real life city (ie New York, Chicago) and calling it Gotham City.

• Like 1

It might be dated now but I always liked the fact that Tim Burton made his own Gotham City rather then taking a real life city (ie New York, Chicago) and calling it Gotham City.

Nolan's Gotham was boring and dull indeed compared to Burton expressionist's aesthetic giving a very special retro noir feel to Batman reminding the fact that Batman comics is a creation of 40's era. There's a lot of imagination and thinking at play (Those Anton Furst concept arts are mind-blowingly excellent, RIP)

Nolan's realistic approach never hiding actual Chicago settings made stand out even more the ridiculous aspect of a man disguised as a giant bat in broad daylight on top of Sears Building. Lazier approach.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 6

Twister. It`s one of those enormous hits that nobody remembers anymore.

I saw twister a few weeks back and thought it still looked okay-ish. :)Thinking of films I haven't seen in a while, it wouldn't surprise if the effects in Deep Blue Sea look worse than jaws these days.

Most of the movies from the 80's, especially ones depicting youth, look pretty silly today. Did people really dress that bad back in the day?  :lol:

BAD??!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? All that hairspray, all that make-up, all that denim, all that excess. IT WAS THE BEST. IMO.

LMFAO! Are you fucking kidding me?! You really think there is yet a film to match it visually? Avatar wasn't even the most visually beautiful film of its year.

Abd that would be Harry Potter would it? lol. besides, I'm talking about visuall effects and 3D, perhaps I should have specified. Name a movie with better 3D and visuall effects. Edited by Jessie