A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

13 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

TOMATOMETER 

31%

WANT TO SEE 

Sooooooooo........Chris and JLaw ARE awesome together in this, it's just everything else that sucks.

I think I can live with that.

• Like 1

So I read the synopsis.  Doesn't sound great,  

Spoiler

but what if was reversed and Lawrence was the one that wakes Pratt up?  Would that be acceptable?

Spoiler

And if I was ever in a situation like this(side note I won't ever be so R E L A X) I might be looking for some sort of companionship particularly female.

12 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

It seems monumentally stupid to spend 100 million bucks producing a script, when you feel you have to hide the basic premise of it. Oh Sony, you never stop amazing me.

yI still feel that Sony was so dazzled by the mere prospect of a big, splashy sci fi 'romance' starring JLaw and Pratt ("Money money money!!"), that theu totally forgot about the inherent ick factor of the premise.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

yI still feel that Sony was so dazzled by the mere prospect of a big, splashy sci fi 'romance' starring JLaw and Pratt ("Money money money!!"), that theu totally forgot about the inherent ick factor of the premise.

This project was going around for a while before JLaw and Pratt were attached (it was supposed to originally star Keanu Reeves and Rachel McAdams).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

This project was going around for a while before JLaw and Pratt were attached (it was supposed to originally star Keanu Reeves and Rachel McAdams).

Wow.

That's quite a whole different dynamic from the Jlaw/Pratt combo.

I wonder if this premise could've worked better as a thriller/horror-in-space kinda film.

The romantic drama part is what sets off the "Ew, creepy!!!" alarms.

Jlaw will bounce back.

Luckily, in Mother directed by her new toy boy, her character will have a brother with congestive heart failure that dies.

That brother had an alcoholic wife that spent her time in psychiatric wards & ended up as a new born christian.

Midway through the movie we will learn that Jlaw's character  lost her Children in a horrible fire accident, the scene will play out with a grandiose montage set to an Adagio, possibly Albinoni's.

People will praise the movie as being one of the most monumental cinematic achievements of 2017.

She will look suicidal during all the proceedings and will win her second Oscah for the part.

Edited by The Futurist

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Jlaw will bounce back.

Luckily, in Mother directed by her new toy boy, her character will have a brother with congestive heart failure that dies.

That brother had an alcoholic wife that spent her time in psychiatric wards & ended up as a new born christian.

Midway through the movie we will learn that Jlaw's character  lost her Children in a horrible fire accident, the scene will play out with a grandiose montage set to an Adagio, possibly Albinoni's.

People will praise the movie as being one of the most monumental cinematic achievements of 2017.

She will look suicidal during all the proceedings and will win her second Oscah for the part.

LMAO!!!!

Don't forget the third-act reveal about her long-supressed lesbian longings for her older boss, played by a never-better Hilary Swank, who will get a Best Supporting Actress nod in a brilliant comeback. 

37 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I think we have the first winner of what critic/media organization will write a bogus review in exchange for a name check during a television commercial for the film.

I honestly saw that ^^^ blurb on a Passengers banner while surfing the Entertainment Weekly website. :D 

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

I liked this one from Taiwan better.

I love that one!!!  :wub:

1 hour ago, XO21 said:

The premise wasn't the issue 

Hide contents

it's the third act which revolves around Jim-Chris redemption which according to critics was totally crazy after what he has done

Spoiler

It isn't supposed to be about his 'redemption' imho, but about whether she has the capacity to forgive, once it can't be taken back.  Critics are having long conversations about all of this, which means the movie did what it wanted to do in starting conversations. 

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

What's funny is none of that says if the movie is a actually good.

I'm going to see it tonight - I'll let you know when I have!

Here is a great article about filming that water scene:

Before putting Lawrence in the pool, the effects team spent about three and a half months carefully mapping out the sequence—creating storyboards, moving storyboards, and a simple version of the sequence in a computer. They also spent a period of time figuring out how the water would move so that it felt both “physically real” but “didn’t look like it was moving on its own as some kind of water monster. . .We wanted it to almost look like the idea of surf, when waves are pounding on a shoreline.” The team referenced data from the International Space Station about water moving in zero-gravity environments, and painstakingly toyed with how to make the water look realistic enough for audiences even in this unrealistic scenario.

“That was all figured out ahead of time, before we even put Jen in the situation of having to shoot, which was its own extraordinary, sensitive, and very difficult thing to wrangle,” Nordby said. “Jen is a strong swimmer, was extraordinarily game, and worked closely with the stunt team. We ended up having to essentially hold her underwater, which is never something you want to [experience] because it is a naturally terrifying feeling. The stunt coordinator devised a series of pulleys that were attached to the base of the pool. She had a strap around her waist and two cuffs around her ankles to keep her down.”

considerably more at link:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/jennifer-lawrence-passengers-pool-scene?mbid=social_twitter

and no, that is NOT the real score, which you can find on spotify
  • Like 1