A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Another Cool idea for a SCI film would be the planet earth is destroyed in the future and a human in space or the last human escapes on a journey across the galaxy meeting alien cultures and such. 

I really like that. It's like Odyssey set in space with I Am Legend flavor. 

• Like 2

Just now, Valonqar said:

I really like that. It's like Odyssey set in space with I Am Legend flavor. 

It would be interesting perhaps a bit dark as realistically Humanity as a species is dead as there is one person left.

Imagine it be like Interstellar with aliens is what I see.

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It would be interesting perhaps a bit dark as realistically Humanity as a species is dead as there is one person left.

Imagine it be like Interstellar with aliens is what I see.

Agreed. Speaking of Interstellar, I read the original draft that had aliens and I really liked it. I was underwhelmed by the movie but the original draft was really bonkers and something very different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed. Speaking of Interstellar, I read the original draft that had aliens and I really liked it. I was underwhelmed by the movie but the original draft was really bonkers and something very different. 

Well the final movie went bonkers with the ending which went from Sci Fi to nonsense. 

That long hair sure didn't last.... I wonder if it got messed up and it was faster to pull out the extensions than to sit for 17 hours to get them again?

It looks like she is growing it, though.  If those 'waves' weren't crimped into it, it would be below her shoulders.

VdZmS6f.jpg

3q5qqlx.jpg

Edited by trifle

4 hours ago, JennaJ said:

It would be ironic if this ends up fresh (not even "well reviewed", just fresh) after the way people have been assuming the worst based on the lackluster marketing. 

Then again if this movie is actually good, that would make Sony's bad marketing even more annoying. How do you fuck up such an easy pitch?

Ghostbusters all over again...

So...am I the only one who thinks that their chemistry (in trailers, interviews, press junkets, etc) is not as potent as many of us had hoped? I could be wrong, but something about them together is not clicking for me. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I don't see any sparks...

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

So...am I the only one who thinks that their chemistry (in trailers, interviews, press junkets, etc) is not as potent as many of us had hoped? I could be wrong, but something about them together is not clicking for me. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I don't see any sparks...

because before filming even started tabloids were spewing about CP cheating with Jen 'on set'.  Jen took Anna aside the first time they met to talk about how to handle it because with this sort of movie, people are going to spew rumors.

In contrast to what you are thinking, the deliberate 'bro/sis' vibe when promoting this kind of a movie makes me think that on screen they are hot as hell.  The fact that every source I've seen who has actually seen the movie or extended clips says that as well probably helps.

I'm not Fishnets so I don't really give a flying fuck about this shit, but Jennifer Lawrence's public persona might be the most obnoxious thing in modern Hollywood history. "Har har, I love food so much!! Watch me vomit on the carpet at a formal event and fall down drunk! I'm so relatable! Pizza! Hey watch me destroy a sacred burial ground with my butt and stomp all over people's culture! I'm so relatable." Like I said, I don't really care: if she gives good performances, she's cool with me. But there's like a legion of posters on here who flood topics with Jlaw gossip and tabloid pictures and insult anyone who doesn't love every movie she's in. Someone gotta say something. It's like her fanbase has gone the way of DC/Marvel.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not Fishnets so I don't really give a flying fuck about this shit, but Jennifer Lawrence's public persona might be the most obnoxious thing in modern Hollywood history. "Har har, I love food so much!! Watch me vomit on the carpet at a formal event and fall down drunk! I'm so relatable! Pizza! Hey watch me destroy a sacred burial ground with my butt and stomp all over people's culture! I'm so relatable." Like I said, I don't really care: if she gives good performances, she's cool with me. But there's like a legion of posters on here who flood topics with Jlaw gossip and tabloid pictures and insult anyone who doesn't love every movie she's in. Someone gotta say something. It's like her fanbase has gone the way of DC/Marvel.

I have lost most of the love I had for her after all her poor-little-rich-girl-who-gets-paid-fewer-millions-than-her-male-costars BS and now this. I don't mind being called an SJW, so I will say this: her flimsy "I was trying to be self-deprecating" excuse, which is her usual cop-out every time she puts her foot in her mouth, was lame, especially after seeing the  disdainfultone she used and the way she phrased her words about the sacred site. And yes, her "I am a real person...like you. I am so relatable and down to earth" schtick is transparently fake and annoying as heck. But whatever, haters gonna hate, I guess...

• Like 3

I must say, I feel like J Law's time as a big draw is kind of coming to an end. It just feels like a massive amount of buzz and interest towards her has deflated among the general public. Not that I think she won't have a career going forward, but I feel like her time as the Hollywood it girl has officially run its course.