A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Hmm, Dubai is just a short budget flight from my place - shall I go there see it, juts to rub it in your Lawtard noses? :) Dubai was on my list anyway.

I can think of reasons not to go to Dubai...

But this isn't one of them!  Don't like...ok, I'm not going to finish this sentence...

3 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

I hate you but I'll love you when you give me your spoiler-free review.

Anyways, looks like the media is pretty interested in that specific scene of the film, this is the second or third interview I see about it.

What an awkward interview, pratt didn't seem very comfortable talking about it. 

On 7/21/2016 at 5:54 AM, A District 3 Engineer said:

Apparently, the film is debuting at Dubai film festival

Awesome. I go to Dubai all the time, it's just an hour away. I wanna see this shit. 

• Like 5

Just now, The Futurist said:

Does this movie even exist ?

I am starting to have Meryl Streep doubts.

:thinking:

Nope, since the lawsuit which is holding the company's JLaw motion capture which cannot be used in the film, its over.

Wait Chris Pratt molests Catholic children in this movie?  Or...at least...Meryl Streep thinks he does?  Wait I might be confused.  Why would you cryo freeze Catholic children?

Edited by kowhite

2 hours ago, antovolk said:

That quote is the opposite of reassuring to me - it basically says that due to the lawsuit, the movie will not feature the technology they were set on using. They basically started the process with one technology, and the finished movie will not feature any of it.

a happy outcome in this case would have been if they could use the technology as intended and prepped. 

I dont just want the movie to come out when it's due, I want it to be as good as it can be.

Being forced to abort a CGI tool well into post production is not my idea of "Won't be affected".

For all we know, this may mean they got rid of the MOVA scene altogether or altered it greatly.

Edited by JennaJ

On 7/25/2016 at 10:25 PM, Klingo said:

Nope, since the lawsuit which is holding the company's JLaw motion capture which cannot be used in the film, its over.

Actually, since Sony said that that will not hold up the release, and since they since then set a December 23 opening in .... I think?.... Italy, I'm pretty sure it is going forward.

I was going to post that Pratt interview. I agree he didn't look at ease, maybe because he was there for a different studio? But actors get asked about other projects all the time.  I dunno.

I am SO jealous of those who can see it in Dubai!! Definitely looking forward to the spoiler free reviews of everyone who doesn't hate any of the stars or is otherwise biased.

And @shayhiri, that's not nice.  We don't call you a 'Prince-of-Persia-tard', and that might have been a very nice movie.  (Didn't see it.)

1 hour ago, JennaJ said:

That quote is the opposite of reassuring to me - it basically says that due to the lawsuit, the movie will not feature the technology they were set on using. They basically started the process with one technology, and the finished movie will not feature any of it.

a happy outcome in this case would have been if they could use the technology as intended and prepped. 

I dont just want the movie to come out when it's due, I want it to be as good as it can be.

Being forced to abort a CGI tool well into post production is not my idea of "Won't be affected".

For all we know, this may mean they got rid of the MOVA scene altogether or altered it greatly.

Yeah.  That sucks imho.  However, we don't know how key this was to the final product.  I assume if it impacted the quality Sony would take a different approach.  Personally, I would have confidently assumed the preliminary injunction would have been modified.  I know there was a hearing to modify the injunction on docket.  Last week, I think?  I was traveling and didn't keep up.

Edited by trifle

@JennaJ from the Hollywood Reporter article in your quoted text:

If Digital Domain still has access to MOVA-captured facial data on current work, alternate approaches may be available to complete the shots.

Another article had specified that that Digital Domain had already delivered the motion-captured facial data to Sony.  So they could just be using a different VFX house - not MOVA- to complete it.

Just now, JennaJ said:

This is probably what is going to happen without the motion capture.

• Like 1