A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

55 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

WTF guys, it's Thursday - where's the trailer??!!

How can you stand for this torture??

We are sulking as loudly as we can.  (Some of us, anyway...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

i'm sick and tiredt of these lies and deceit

tumblr_inline_oa6l0bw7wa1qf89pq_500.gif

My god..what is that?!

Also, I told you guys you're not seeing a trailer from this until that lawsuit gets cleared up.  Its a serious cross continental  lawsuit. They're not fucking around. The Judge has put a lock on all films involved with the MOVA technology.

Unless some sort of leniency is given, you might as well forget about waiting for a trailer for now.

1 minute ago, comicbookguy said:

My god..what is that?!

Also, I told you guys you're not seeing a trailer from this until that lawsuit gets cleared up.  Its a serious cross continental  lawsuit. They're not fucking around. The Judge has put a lock on all films involved with the MOVA technology.

Unless some sort of leniency is given, you might as well forget about waiting for a trailer for now.

Sony has said they are no longer going to be using MOVA to refine the facial capture, and the facial capture itself was delivered to them already.  They said (and may have lied) that this will not impact release.  They then scheduled two premiers, and reportedly delivered a teaser and trailer to distributors before putting them on hold.

I'm not sure I think it is the law suit, but I have to say at this point I wouldn't place bets on anything.

24 minutes ago, trifle said:

Sony has said they are no longer going to be using MOVA to refine the facial capture, and the facial capture itself was delivered to them already.  They said (and may have lied) that this will not impact release.  They then scheduled two premiers, and reportedly delivered a teaser and trailer to distributors before putting them on hold.

I'm not sure I think it is the law suit, but I have to say at this point I wouldn't place bets on anything.

The product being delivered to them doesn't mean anything at all. 

As I understand it, every project that used this technology that hasn't already been released, is on lock. Passengers isn't the only movie cut up in this fiasco, I think it's just the one closet to it's release date. No studio may use a single frame or render a single frame that has been subject to the MOVA tech.

Now, unless they are doing reshoots of all the scenes that use that tech then they're stuck, no matter what they tell the public. There is a lot of money in this flick so they're going to be feeding the public a lot of non-sense, but just pay attention to that lawsuit cause everything else is just lip service on the part of the studio.  They'll lie to you, but that judge wont. 

Edited by comicbookguy

1 minute ago, comicbookguy said:

The product being delivered to them doesn't mean anything at all. 

As I understand it, nothing that used this technology that hasn't already been release is on lock. Passengers isn't the only movie cut up in this fiasco, I think it's just the one closet to it's release date.

They may not use a single frame or render a single frame that has been subject to the MOVA tech.

Now, unless they are doing reshoots of all the scenes that use that tech then they're stuck, no matter what they tell the public. There is a lot of money in this flick so they're going to be feeding the public a lot of non-sense, but just pay attention to that lawsuit cause everything else is just lip service on the part of the studio.  They'll lie to you, but that judge wont.

Honestly, I would think a judge would release the film given its date.  He already said those films that were complete could go ahead.  It seemed as if Sony went a different route, used different VFX and decided it didn't matter.  Sure, Sony could be lying.  I guess we'll know if they end up moving the release.  However, the other steps Sony took with the premier dates and supposed trailer delivery were consistent with Sony's story.

I obviously want Sony to be telling the truth, so long as it doesn't hurt the movie.

44 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Well, a lot of the Shay's favourite movies go through development and release hell, so I can sympathize. Just think of poor Seventh Son whose genius was held from us for THREE whole years.

So see you guys in 2018 (or 2019 at worst).

Seventh Son = genius?? :rofl:

Oh Shay.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What's the latest update regarding the trailer? We've seen a lot from WONDER WOMAN, a 2017 film, and nothing from this.

If you believe the rumors, it was supposed to be released on Thursday but was pulled due to "complications".

Of course there's no reliable source to back this. Maybe it was never supposed to go out and we just got false rumors.

The facebook page for the movie did go up and then down again though, so I believe there were some unexpected last minute changes.

Maybe it's because of the MOVA lawsuit, maybe something else, but at this point I won't be surprised if a date change is announced.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

If you believe the rumors, it was supposed to be released on Thursday but was pulled due to "complications".

Of course there's no reliable source to back this. Maybe it was never supposed to go out and we just got false rumors.

The facebook page for the movie did go up and then down again though, so I believe there were some unexpected last minute changes.

Maybe it's because of the MOVA lawsuit, maybe something else, but at this point I won't be surprised if a date change is announced.

I don't want a date change. TT

• Like 1