Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I came to a different answer than you, but I agree.

He didn’t call the Avengers/SHIELD because there wasn’t much of an opportunity for him to do so. Let’s look at the film’s events in chronological order, shall we? He was taken by surprise by the missile attack at his home, so he couldn’t call them there. Same when he ran into those two Extremis goons when investigating. The infiltration of the Mandarin’s home was mostly stealthy. If SHIELD had turned up, it would’ve turned into a huge gunfight and the Mandarin might’ve gotten away. SHIELD wouldn’t have been able to arrive fast enough to stop the fake Iron Patriot (and Tony called the VP anyway so he didn’t need to call SHIELD) and they probably wouldn't have arrived in time for the final climax either.

I thought it was pretty well-presented in the movie that US government was embarrassed about their lack of knowledge and involvement in the New York Chitauri attack. They redesigned the War Machine armor to Iron Patriot, and the POTUS' speech implied that the government want to handle any threats/conflicts that directed at America, SHIELD was pretty much told to stay out of their way.
  • Like 1

My god. It's like the ghosts of Squaremaster and BKB are possessing the two of you and forcing you to squabble. Snap out of it, you guys! And, under no circumstances, post any memes!

I thought it was pretty well-presented in the movie that US government was embarrassed about their lack of knowledge and involvement in the New York Chitauri attack. They redesigned the War Machine armor to Iron Patriot, and the POTUS' speech implied that the government want to handle any threats/conflicts that directed at America, SHIELD was pretty much told to stay out of their way.

If I was an Avenger and I saw that Tony Stark was believed dead on Television I think I would be more than likely to investigate. Did the friendships they gained mean anything at the end of the first?

I said its not a big deal and its not, but you have to be a blind Marvel fanboy to say this was all justified in the plot IMO.

• Like 2

If I was an Avenger and I saw that Tony Stark was believed dead on Television I think I would be more than likely to investigate. Did the friendships they gained mean anything at the end of the first?I said its not a big deal and its not, but you have to be a blind Marvel fanboy to say this was all justified in the plot IMO.

Oh, I was referring to SHIELD not involve when Mandarin attack only. As for Avengers. Thor was in Asgard, he wouldn't know anything. Widow/Hawkeye/and maybe Cap (Not sure, have to wait for Cap 2) are SHIELD agents, they could easily be on missions somewhere not in US. And considering the span of IM3's events: from the time of Tony's house attack, to when he was speculated as being dead, and then resurfaced again were just lasting about 3 or so days; i don't think they would have found out. The only one not making sense is Bruce Banner, and I acknowledged that as a flaw, never said otherwise.
  • Like 2

Except they didn't. That rumour about him being offered $50 million to return was never confirmed and was based on very shaky sources. It was more a misconception based on the report that Bale could probably make $50 million if he returned, not that Warner had made such an offer.Either way, Superman hadn't been introduced or even hinted to exist in the Nolanverse (which has already been confirmed in interviews to be a standalone universe and not related to MoS) and, even if Bale did return for BvsS, it'd almost certainly be a post TDKR Batman.

what so the rumour of him declining then being offered a further 10m in which he still refused was also just a rumour? Yeah I find that very hard to believe.Also it didn't matter whether he would have returned post TDKR or not, Superman was still around. Edited by Jessie

what so the rumour of him declining then being offered a further 10m in which he still refused was also just a rumour? Yeah I find that very hard to believe.

I believe the site that started that whole 50m dollar offer rumor is comicbookmovie.com or one of its variants, who are notorious for posting speculative bullshit as news to get hits. They're not a reliable source like Deadline, Variety, or The Hollywood Reporter, etc... none of which ran with the story.

Also it didn't matter whether he would have returned post TDKR or not, Superman was still around.

lol

Hulk is doing science in his basement at Stark Tower and sleeping 

Doing science stuff in his basement and sleeping... while Tony is MIA and his home is destroyed by terrorists... and Pepper is kidnapped.

That's not some exceptional Extraterrestrial threat menacing the entire Earth so no SHIELD involved.

And yet they got involved in the first film and were all over the second half of the 2nd film.

Rewatched the film at home with the family.

I think this film reminds of Pirates 2 and Shrek 2.

They were films with huge story line issues but in the end worked well for audiences as they were quite entertaining films. 

That is what Iron Man 3, its DMC kind of film. 

Rewatched the film at home with the family.

I think this film reminds of Pirates 2 and Shrek 2.

They were films with huge story line issues but in the end worked well for audiences as they were quite entertaining films. 

That is what Iron Man 3, its DMC kind of film. 

Except the action in IM3 isn't nearly as good as DMC's action. IM3 is just very average, with the one exception of Trevor (hilariously awesome). I pretty much agree with Baumer that IM1 and Avengers are several steps above the other Marvel movies.

• Like 3