The Muppets

24 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Muppets

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I can write a list of things I loved about it and it would take me forever. But I'll start- Lots of emotional moments. I got misty eyed during the Rainbow Connection number near the end No one can break the fourth wall like The Muppets can, and it happens all the time hereAnimal's little anger management subplot Muppet barbershop quartet (in a barbershop) singing Nirvana The chickens' musical numberOf course Miss Piggy would be an editor at Vogue! Life's a Happy Song and Man or Muppet, the movie's two best numbers Amy Adams lines- "This is going to be a really short movie"- and physical humor momentsChris Cooper's rapping and maniacal laugh The 80s robot that served New Coke Punch Teacher and Donald Glover's cameo The Moopets, particularly Miss Poogy Zach Galifianakis singing along to the Muppet Show opening Jack Black, who has rarely been funnier or more likable than he was in thisSo yea, easily the most entertaining movie I've seen all year. Long live the Muppets.

Saw this yesterday and I have to say it's definetly the best Muppet film since The Muppet Movie, it manages to combine what makes the Muppets with the humour, songs, celebrity cameos etc with a more serious story, Chris Cooper was great as Tex Richman although his motivations aren't really made that clear such as to why he hates The Muppets and also none of the Muppets especially Kermit stand up to him. Walter's a great additition but I felt Gary and Mary got pushed to the side once the Muppets came in but all in all it's a wonderful film.

This was such a sweet movie. Jason Segal and Amy Adams were both great; I was surprised at how good Amy Adams was in this- she was funny. Loved all the film/4th wall gags, and the all those cameos. Anyone else find it really clever that they had Emily Blunt come in and basically play her same role from Devil Wears Prada, except with Miss Piggy as the editor?? Hah. Great film to see at the holidays and even I was never a particularly huge fan of the Muppets I still enjoyed it alot.Oh, and my favorite song was the "Muppet or a Man?" song.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

I haven't been to a movie that made me laugh so hard one minute then had me biting my lip from trying to keep from tearing up the next for a while now. One of, if not, my favorite movie experiences of the year. A lot of hilarious scenes, I don't want to give any away... I didn't think the Life is a Happy Song (is that the title?) was my favorite of the movie actually. And I loved when the gang started singing Rainbow Connection.A+

Simply put....awesome. Hilarious, touching, the perfect tone and wonderful performances by the humans. This is an absolute joy to watch. The musical numbers were fantastic and the opening musical sequence set the tone. Agreed with everything Gopher said above and would add that I loved the scene where Kermit was reminiscing in the hallway and the pictures momentarily came to life. The best Muppets movie and an incredibly happy and nostalgic trip. I was smiling the entire time watching this film.

A-

The Muppets12:20 PM60% full (At a theater that isn't that crowded usually, at least not in that past 15 years)Trailers:Alvin 3: Really good reaction, it actually does look pretty funny I will admit.Mirror Mirror: Laughs, could be good.Tintin: Kind of tired of this trailer. Laughs.Pirates: Looks decent. Laughter.Aritary: Laughter.Brave: Great looking. Had some laughs.Short: Great short film.Movie: Wow great film. I think the song "Man or a Muppet" should win best song, that song made me laugh so hard. Great cameos all throughout the film. The audience ate this film up. Fantastic reaction. Very very funny. Can Kermit win best actor? No. But its a thought ;) The best film of 2011.A+

I saw this and Hugo back to back last night. What a night of movies. Easily the best 2 of the year so far for me.

Extremely funny. The cameos were great, the musical numbers as well. So much to love about this movie. The 80's robot was hilarious too.

2nd best movie of the year just behind Hugo.

A