#ED

Weekend Estimates - (Pain & Gain: 20M, The Big Wedding: 7.5M)

It's even lower as per guru:

FRI heading to about $7M+ for #PainAndGain, $3M for BigWedding. Opening wknds shd be in area of $20M & $9M.

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya/status/327962961404628992

Before people start falling apart, I'd like to point out to everybody that it says $7M PLUS. Which means that it could still be more like $8million.

On the other hand, if it's Friday number turns out to be more like $7.01M, then there's no way it's hitting $20 million for the weekend, and Oblivion might have a shot at hanging on to #1.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/michael-bays-pain-gain-750k-late-night/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FRIDAY 6 PM, 2ND UPDATE: Uh-oh, everything is heading lower. Pain & Gain (2,950 theaters) is still #1 today and this weekend. My sources say that based on matinee trends it should open with $8 million today – including $750K in Thursday evening/Friday midnights – and a projected $21M weekend.

#2 is Tom Cruise’s Oblivion which was in the top spot last week and has a gifrom Universal with $5.3M Friday and an expected $17M this weekend.

#3 is Legendary Pictures’ Frankie Robinson biopic 42 with $4M Friday and $13M weekend.

#4 is Millenium/Lionsgate’s alleged romcom The Big Wedding (2,633 theaters) opening today with $3M Friday and $9M weekend. Reviews were Awful

#5 is DreamWorks Animation’s The Croods toon from Fox with $2M Friday and $7M weekend.

LOL

• Like 3

It's a pretty blah weekend when I'm most excited seeing The Croods prediction at 7 million this weekend (an excellent number). :D

I hope it tops The Big Wedding for the weekend. That one looks truly unforgivable. DeNiro back to his downward spiral again I see.

$13m would be great for "42". If WEDDING only does $3m for today, no way it hits a 3x multiplier. :)

I have a feeling that a lot of the Big Wedding crowd isn't exactly on facebook or following reviews on social media.