#ED

Weekend Estimates - (Pain & Gain: 20M, The Big Wedding: 7.5M)

This April is really lackluster, all the major releases are just there, nothing special. Apart from 42, I haven't seen anything from this month. From the look of it so far, I think April next year looks way better.

Anyone would recommend Pain and Gain? I'm really free this weekend so figure I might watch a movie, is it worth it? Mindless fun works for me.

Part of why it's been so slow was Easter being in March. The last time Easter was in March was 2008 and that April had an atrocious 69m tickets. At least this time it's better than that.

Edited by lab276

This April is really lackluster, all the major releases are just there, nothing special. Apart from 42, I haven't seen anything from this month. From the look of it so far, I think April next year looks way better.

Anyone would recommend Pain and Gain? I'm really free this weekend so figure I might watch a movie, is it worth it? Mindless fun works for me.

I loved it.  Really worth seeing.

I loved it.  Really worth seeing.

Thanks, Baumer, I was planning on catching it cause I like The Rock and Anthony Mackie. Nothing to do this weekend, so might as well  :)

• Like 1

Oblivion I think will become a cult classic. It is already showing the signs of one. Similar to Blade Runner. Now you will attack me and say "did you just compare to Oblivion to Blade Runner"?  Yes! Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is on the same level as Blade Runner or anything, but similar to that movie. Which got mixed reviews when it released and flopped at the box office, it seems to be gaining a passionate fanbase

• Like 2

Umm about the making money part ... 

Bay, Wahlberg and Johnson have back end salaries which means that the films needs to gross way more than your regular movie in order to be profitable for the STUDIO 

I'm pretty sure anything below 70 mil won't cover it 

Aren't back end deals usually a percentage of the gross kind of thing? 

Meaning they do make money, but the movie will still end up being profitable.

Aren't back end deals usually a percentage of the gross kind of thing? 

Meaning they do make money, but the movie will still end up being profitable.

The movie has to be profitable first.  So this means that Bay, being a smart business man, probably set a figure that the film has to clear, before he gets paid.