Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Gitesh was the later one. BO.com went from saying 66-68 to saying 65-67. That's a little bit concerning. Normally the number keeps going up as we get new reports. But based on the raw data we had from the preview numbers compared to Avengers and the fact it was running 20% behind Avengers' matinees, I'm still hoping it can get up there to the 65+ area.

WOM is kicking in. OD under 55M anyone?

This is not flop territory. Flop would be 155-165M. This is going under 150M. BOMB.

A movie that makes 150 m OW and possibly 350 m total is not a bomb.

Especially if it's a record for the franchise on both counts.

• Like 1

I`m emotionally scarred for life thanks to this turn of events. Boxoffice is my life. That`s why I hang out on BOF with other people who live for boxoffice. The psychological trauma inflicted on me in this past 20 minutes or so will never heal.

When are we going to be allowed to start What Went Wrong? I need to rationalize this catastrophy.

Same here.

A movie that makes 150 m OW and possibly 350 m total is not a bomb.

Especially if it's a record for the franchise on both counts.

If the Hobbit is a flop, than this is a bomb.

What I'm noticing with the people I know who have seen IM3 is that they either really loved it or didn't like it at all. More enjoyed it than didn't, for sure, but it seems much more polarizing than any other Marvel movie.

What I'm noticing with the people I know who have seen IM3 is that they either really loved it or didn't like it at all. More enjoyed it than didn't, for sure, but it seems much more polarizing than any other Marvel movie.

I don't really get it. The movie is harmless fun and definitely not bad. But it's not the greatest thing ever either. It's just a good action movie and much better than IM2 but not as good as IM1/Avengers. Nothing more, nothing less. Not sure why the reaction would be polarized.

2 AM here. Need to go to sleep. Tomorrow I am seeing Spring Breakers and Evil Dead but this is too much fun to leave now.

Edited by CJohn