Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

@giteshpandya

#IronMan3 now looking closer to about $64M for FRI incl THU night. Mid 150s possible for wknd depending on WOM.

5/3/13 7:32 PM

If that number holds for the rest of the night (which it won't, it'll still go up or down some), that should be big enough to beat Hunger Games for 5th biggest OW of all time.

You're a vet? Respect.I should know that.

I`m one of the vetter vets. Since BOM days. There are the vettest vets who were BOMers years before me. B, BKB were vets who survived Ringer Rampage and came out stronger. Now BKB is retaliating with Marvel Monopoly.Those are true heroes.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 3

Another valuable lesson on why not to over predict movies. $150M is still a great number, but its way down from the $170-180M predictions around here.Rule 1 of box office: Never go bullish unless you really do have balls of steel.

• Like 2

I`m one of the vetter vets. Since BOM days. There are the vettest vets who were BOMers years before me. B, BKB were vets who survived Ringer Rampage and came out stronger. Now BKB is retaliating with Marvel Monopoly.Those are true heroes.

:rofl:  :rofl:

:lol: This thread is really...something. And to think that I had experienced it all these past months on here.

It`s threads like this that hook people on BOF. It`s trully an unforgettable experience.

• Like 1

Another valuable lesson on why not to over predict movies. $150M is still a great number, but its way down from the $170-180M predictions around here.Rule 1 of box office: Never go bullish unless you really do have balls of steel.

I disagree...going bullish is fine...just be decent enough to eat your crow if and when u are wrong.  

• Like 7

It`s threads like this that hook people on BOF. It`s trully an unforgettable experience.

Yeah, all the year-round movie threads and clubs and predictions are really just warm ups for these big movie OW threads. They're the main event  :wub:

• Like 3

True true. I skimmed TA weekend thread from last year, and I have to say I'm very impressed with this place  :lol:

Yeah, all the year-round movie threads and clubs and predictions are really just warm ups for these big movie OW threads. They're the main event  :wub:

November is going to be an insanity with Thor 2 and CF cause some huge emotions are running for those 2.

• Like 1

I don't see any problem with being in the extreme either way.  We're not betting here, so there's no actual loss, and its not that hard to eat your crow if you're way off in either direction.

• Like 4