Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

He said 2015. That's not next summer. Or am I in an alternate universe?

Someone said wait for 2015, he asked what's to look forward to next summer (2014), as in he doesn't want to wait 2 years for another epic ow, etc.

Exactly. That's why I asked what's going to be exciting next summer. Everybody's been looking forward to 2015, but we need something to get worked up about next summer.

Gotcha now that you explained. It read differently  though. But whatever, lol. My bad.

With 70M

Following IM2

15.6M 9PM/Thursday

54.4M Friday

56.9M Saturday (+4.7%)

38.7M Sunday (-32.0%)

165.6M OW 

150.0M OW minus Mids/Thurs. (2.76 IM)

Following TA

15.6M 9PM/Thursday

54.4M Friday

60.9M Saturday (+12.0%)

49.9M Sunday (-18%)

180.9M OW

165.3M OW minus Mid/Thurs. (3.04 IM)

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 6

What the hell is going to be exciting next summer?

Yeah summer 2014 is looking pretty dismal compared to this year's and especially 2015's. Hell, even the shudder inducing summer 2011 might be better. I still can't get over TASM2 being the big "event summer opener."

Posted Image

So basically those rival studios were right. $165-180m looks like the range. All that fucking drama to end up right where we started on Thursday night. :lol:

This board is so predictable when it comes to huge openers. May as well copy and paste all the posts in this thread for ST2, FF6, MU, DM2 and MOS.
  • Like 1

Yeah summer 2014 is looking pretty dismal compared to this year's and especially 2015's. Hell, even the shudder inducing summer 2011 might be better. I still can't get over TASM2 being the big "event summer opener."

Posted Image

Spiderman not an event movie. I never thought the time would come.

So am I gonna be right or wrong or is it to early to tell???

$185-200m ain't happening, but $165-175m is. So you're wrong, but not really wrong like some thought (hoped? ha).
  • Like 1

So basically those rival studios were right. $165-180m looks like the range. All that fucking drama to end up right where we started on Thursday night. :lol:

This has been a really anticlimactic weekend so far. 

Posted Image

Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy should be fun to track. Guardians will be tough to predict. But we're all just going to see those movies and say," that was great, I can't wait to see how this relates to TA2 in 2015." And we'll be back talking about 2015.

• Like 2

This board is so predictable when it comes to huge openers. May as well copy and paste all the posts in this thread for ST2, FF6, MU, DM2 and MOS.

Pattern is similar but the posters change. Role reversals during MoS release?