Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

• Founder / Operator

I don't think critics dislike Snyder or anything..its just that his films thus far haven't been that great. 300 was fun but hollow, Watchmen, while faithful to the comic was not adapted to suit the everyday moviegoer, Sucker Punch was fail and Dawn of the dead was decent. He just doesnt have a good filmography. 

But what I mean is that he's become the popular target for so-called "bad" high budget movies. He's one flop away from being dubbed the new Shyamalan, and that kind of stigma is almost impossible to get rid of for a director when it comes to critics. But... I'm optimistic for him and MoS.

I feel confident that Elysium will have the highest RT percentage for a live-action blockbuster this summer.

But Elysium is not a mega blockbuster per say, its R rating puts it in a different category entirely.

I can't fucking wait for MOS. That's really atypical for me because I think Superman is corny as hell and I'm not usually crazy for superhero movies in general but I got a good feeling about MOS and Snyder's interpretation.

I'm in the exact same boat. It's by far my most anticipated summer film. Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 3

I'm in the exact same boat. It's by far my most anticipated summer film.

I am also in the same boat.  My second most anticipated is Now You See Me....I love the trailer.

I'm in the exact same boat. It's by far my most anticipated summer film.

Mine's Before Midnight. And this coming from someone who usually chooses a big blockbuster as his most anticipated.

Edited by Jay Beezy

D9 says hi. This will just be a bigger scale of it.

I am saying there are different types of blockbuster, budget wise and success wise.

Elysium is not Iron Man 3, MOS or Star Trek Into Darkness, budget wise.