Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I KNEW IT! I knew it was gonna have a big Saturday. Lordmandeep was trying to tell you guys. Too much twitter activity with people with kids. Shows started selling out early, lines outside the door and around the corner you had to know this was gonna have a nice Saturday. 

Lordmandeep was drunk and people dismissed him. He's so gonna laugh at this tomorrow  :lol:

• Like 2

Sat # is even more impressive when you realize the much higher 2D over 3D split, and tickets sold could be almost even (or really close) with its OD!

• Like 1

But there was no precedent for 20% jump! I can't recall when a non-animated big opener had a jump like that. Even Avengers jumped only 12%. Many (including me) were treating that as best case scenario.

What the absolute fuck are you on dude??? Now I know where my stash went.. :wtf: 

Damn how did you find that post? Didn't you see the new numbers? 180m is back on the table.

So, I'm on break at work and wanted to know if anything happened in the last 50 pages since earlier this afternoon and how was saturday's number???

lol, looks like BKB hasn't seen the title change or Sat # yet...brace yourselves folks haha

• Like 2

We all know Marvel movies live on walk-up, evidently seen on Sat. But seriously, not to this extent  :o This is just awesome  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1

So, I'm on break at work and wanted to know if anything happened in the last 50 pages since earlier this afternoon and how was saturday's number???

It had a godly jump on Saturday. Rth said 62.8-64.4M.  :blink:

62-64m. Don't pass out.

WOM is very good on Twitter. The "Iron Man 3 sucked" thing is gone. I'm certain that was fanboys who went and were pissed at the twist. I'm trying to find a definative thing people don't like, but I haven't found it yet. The adjectives being most used is "awesome", "amazing", "badass", "pretty cool", and "alright". I'm not being bias, I'm trying to find negative tweets, but there just arent that many and they're simple tweets like "iron man wasn't that good".

These caught my attention haha -

The guy from Hotel Rwanda is in Iron Man 3 omggggggg,

I'm sorry, y'all! I'm just having a really hard time getting over that @audi R8 that died in Iron Man 3. So tragic.,

Iron Man 3 was amazing...besides the guy behind me who kicked my chair when something funny happened, which was a lot.

iron man 3 was incredible oh my god how does robert downey jr not have a star on the hollywood walk of fame what is wrong with this world

IRON MAN 3!!!!!!!!!! HOLY!!!!!!!! So friggen goood. Robert downy jr just. Gwyneth paltrow, how do you get an 8 pack tho?!??

Gwyneth Paltrow is crazy hot in Iron Man 3. Dayummm!

Iron Man 3. Robert Downey Jr is the snark master.

Iron man 3 was honestly PERFF . Funny , suspenceful, shocking , cool , happy , funny , awesome , funny . It was perfect . Dassit .

Yes, I saw iron man 3 without seeing any other movies in the Avengers franchise. Again, I don't follow rules.

Iron Man 3 is as awesome as Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol <------ HAHA, random?

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

But there was no precedent for 20% jump! I can't recall when a non-animated big opener had a jump like that. Even Avengers jumped only 12%. Many (including me) were treating that as best case scenario.

There was more of a rush to see it on OD with Avengers. I think it is going to be more spread out with IM3 which means better drops. :)

Maybe the Thursday 9PMs deflated Friday much more than we thought.  Sunday's key here.  If it holds ridiculously, then its unprecedented.  If it drops ~30%, then its the Thursday factor.

• Like 1

Maybe the Thursday 9PMs deflated Friday much more than we thought. Sunday's key here. If it holds ridiculously, then its unprecedented. If it drops ~30%, then its the Thursday factor.

Good point.