Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Seriously?  :lol: That sounds fun.

It's kinda sad, I had such high hopes for GL, but after watching the trailer, I already have a bad feeling. And the movie is even worse than what I expect it to be  :mellow:

I just remember being floored that the production budget was so big when the CGI looked terrible in the trailer. Not only that, but I couldn't believe they were spending that kind of cash on something other than Batman or Superman.

• Like 1

To be totally fair to the Green Lantern movie though, I do think it was far harder to adapt that character for domestic audiences than it was Iron Man. Tony Stark has built in American appeal. That being said however, WB should have at least been able to make Green Lantern appeal more to the OS market than IM did, and they couldn't even do that. :mellow:

Edited by IronMan89

WB has sent out its Man Of Steel. This one needs to succeed critically and box office wise for a Blockbuster sequel.

It needs to succeed for WB/DC to have some kind of traction going. I want a WW movie and a Flash movie so bad!!!

The best part of Green Lantern was Hector and his pedostache. That and Parallax looking like a radioactive pile of poop. I need to watch GL again. It wasn't Batman and Robin-level unintentional comedy, but it was pretty funny.

• Like 2

Thank you, that's exactly the cartoons I was thinking of! So yeah I'm sticking with GL being a bit more known among my gen at least. But I still think the GL movie is a good comparison for what IM1 would have done with bad marketing. They weren't that far apart in relevance among the GA.

True but my theory is that initially GA gave GL movie a chance thinking it may pay off like similarly unknown commodities IM and Thor before it. Hence the decent OW. But then ai-ai-ai!!!

GA also initially gave Watchmen a chance as that was just coming off the superhero high of IM/TDK.

Edited by Spidey Freak

I just remember being floored that the production budget was so big when the CGI looked terrible in the trailer. Not only that, but I couldn't believe they were spending that kind of cash on something other than Batman or Superman.

Yeah, the production budget was mind-blowing, and not in a good way. The marketing budget was very high too I think. WB really fucked that one up big time  :(

Edited by Sam

The best part of Green Lantern was Hector and his pedostache. That and Parallax looking like a radioactive pile of poop. I need to watch GL again. It wasn't Batman and Robin-level unintentional comedy, but it was pretty funny.

Although, Mark Strong did look the part.

OK, I see my $ 30 000 are safe now. So instead of seeng IM3 for the sixth, I went seeing Oblivion for the NINTH time now. It was a good decision.

Do you rent a space at the movie theater you go to? Good lord that's a lot of viewings.

I don't care about Wonder Woman, but I do want to see a Flash movie.

How dare you  :angry:  :P

The irony is that it seems Joss Whedon is planning for Quicksilver to be in TA2, that is just sad for Flash  :sadno:

Although, Mark Strong did look the part.

Mark Strong was pretty great for his 7-8 minutes in the movie.

That's about it, aside from Blake Lively looking stunning for a good chunk of the movie. T'was horrible, acting wise.

Edited by MrPink Unchained

They could have done so much more with the concept of the GL Corps and the Larger Rainbow Corps. Sinestro was so poorly handled despite them having such a brilliant talent like Mark Strong for the character! What a waste of a film and good cast!