Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

As soon as the first NOTE of that song hit the whole audience started cracking up. It's such an iconic tune.

When dash said that it il was in the movie I was like wtf!? But after watching im3, it was a fantastic way to open the movie. It got me on a nostalgia trip. And the audience ate it up.

I'm thinking the actual comes in closer to $180m. Just went by the theater (it's 9:15 here) and it was fucking packed. Looked similar to Sunday night 5 years ago for TDK when I was coming back from the airport. That film adjusts to around $53m with 3D and inflation. Wouldn't surprise me at all if IM3 is $3-5m bigger today than Disney is estimating.

• Like 4

Man, this thread is insane. The last time I checked in here was this morning, 60 pages ago. Has anything actually happened or were people talking about fried chicken and TDK/R again?

• Like 1

Man, this thread is insane. The last time I checked in here was this morning, 60 pages ago. Has anything actually happened or were people talking about fried chicken and TDK/R again?

We had a nostalgia fest regarding the 90's cartoons.  :wub:

• Like 4

I'm thinking the actual comes in closer to $180m. Just went by the theater (it's 9:15 here) and it was fucking packed. Looked similar to Sunday night 5 years ago for TDK when I was coming back from the airport. That film adjusts to around $53m with 3D and inflation. Wouldn't surprise me at all if IM3 is $3-5m bigger today than Disney is estimating.

That would be perfect capper for an epic weekend. I do think actuals will be very close to 180M.  :D  :D  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1