Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Ugh, yeah I predicted high for C&A too. I knew that was a mistake as summer began, but was too stubborn to let go. It had so many high profile names going for it. Too many, as it turns out.

The pedigree of C&A was insane, so many big names of the industy.

The movie made NO money OS.

They lost a lot of money on this one, yet this gigantic flop, JC and Battleship levels, was never publicized.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I'm still dumbfounded as to how something with a concept like Cowboys and Aliens ended up being so fucking boring. It felt like they made the film just based on that title w/ no script. :lol:

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

So I'm watching Thor for the first time. Pretty amusing interactions between Thor and Portman/her friends. Plus the scene with Stan Lee and Thor's hammer. lulz

Thor has gotten better each time I've seen it. It's light, in a very good way.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I'm still dumbfounded as to how something with a concept like Cowboys and Aliens ended up being so fucking boring. It felt like they made the film just based on that title w/ no script. :lol:

No script...or a thousand different versions of it. :P

Because Favs' two good movies are largely carried by their hugely charismatic leads (RDJ, Will Ferrell) and his cast for C&A was Craig, Olivia Wilde and crusty old Harrison Ford  :lol:

Making a movie called Cowboys & Aliens was a bad idea in the first place :P

I'm only about 45-50 minutes into it, but I am very impressed so far. Good humor plus the visuals are very interesting.

It's a really fun movie. Its biggest problem is that it looks so cheap - they cut a lot of corners budget-wise and it shows

• Like 2

It might. ;)PR might very well be the next ID4.

Impossible. ID4 was the event of the summer. No way PR is anywhere in the ballpark. This wont be a mega opener. It has to be out of the world event and has avatar legs for it to have blockbuster numbers.

Impossible. ID4 was the event of the summer. No way PR is anywhere in the ballpark. This wont be a mega opener. It has to be out of the world event and has avatar legs for it to have blockbuster numbers.

ID 4 was a huuuuge breakout, adjusts to 500m dom.