Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

It's a really fun movie. Its biggest problem is that it looks so cheap - they cut a lot of corners budget-wise and it shows

Eh, that's OK. I was watching Avengers late last night and really started noticing the CGI more than I had before. Some of those shots of cityscapes in the background with Iron Man flying? Probably not going to hold up very well 15-20 years from now. Reminds me of the CGI Gotham skyline in Batman Forever. Have y'all looked at that one lately? It is probably the worst CGI city I've ever seen. Really bad animation from 1995, haha.

• Like 1

Impossible. ID4 was the event of the summer. No way PR is anywhere in the ballpark. This wont be a mega opener. It has to be out of the world event and has avatar legs for it to have blockbuster numbers.

The night (summer) is still young, my friend. :)

110m OW/450m total.Opening....legs.....everything. Is that too much to ask for? Cuz that's my real prediction. :P

I think that is impossible. I cannot think of any 100M+ opener opening without having any kind of buzz at the same time before release. Plus this has no brand to sell it. I am willing to bet anything about that OW.

110m OW/450m total.Opening....legs.....everything. Is that too much to ask for? Cuz that's my real prediction. :P

You should bet baumer $100 of BluRays on it  :P  :lol:

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

I'm only about 45-50 minutes into it, but I am very impressed so far. Good humor plus the visuals are very interesting.

I may have to pop that on Netflix later this afternoon.

• Like 1

Hey so I refuse to read 140 pages, anyone want to update me on the main points of the thread? Looks to me like the estimate went up by 5mio from last night, so that should put the range in 160-170m now huh. And what's this? SHH fanboy meltdown? Cause of the "twist"? I'm going to see Pain and Gain tonight because some of my friends didn't see the past Iron Mans, I'll really have to catch it myself later this week though because I wanna know what this twist is.

It's a really fun movie. Its biggest problem is that it looks so cheap - they cut a lot of corners budget-wise and it shows

The Asgard stuff is great but the little town they built looks like complete crap.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Eh, that's OK. I was watching Avengers late last night and really started noticing the CGI more than I had before. Some of those shots of cityscapes in the background with Iron Man flying? Probably not going to hold up very well 15-20 years from now. Reminds me of the CGI Gotham skyline in Batman Forever. Have y'all looked at that one lately? It is probably the worst CGI city I've ever seen. Really bad animation from 1995, haha.

Weird. I was watching Avengers last night as well and thought the same thing about the background behind Thor and Hulk when he whacks Thor to the side during the final battle.

• Like 1

How will "Dat Avengers effect" work it's magic on Thor 2? 280m is what I'm thinking now. Too high?

Well I can only speak for myself, but I think I will probably be checking it out in theaters after not even seeing the first movie until today. So yeah, TA effect worked big time on me with that character (and his brother).

• Like 1

Haven't seen Forever in forever but I did watch Batman & Robin a few months back, and the CGI is as hilarious as the rest of it  :lol:

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

How will "Dat Avengers effect" work it's magic on Thor 2? 280m is what I'm thinking now. Too high?

If it weren't for Catching Fire, I'd be on board for $225m with a good movie. As is, I think it would be good just to match the first movie. $200m possibly with good WOM.

Something like that. It's gonna explode overseas though, I'm thinking at least 500M

• Like 1

Fake, I always think you are one of the better prognosticators around here. But here you are going to be way wrong. Only other movie you were super stubborn all along was HG. Probably you will do that for CF as well.

I don't know..... I haven't felt this confident about any original property since Avatar.BTW..... my Avatar prediction was also 450m..... Waaaaaay before its release (and I hated Titanic, so no Cameron name influencing my prediction).