Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Going to an 11:00 showing, because of a tight schedule, I'm only gonna get there 25 minutes early....hopefully I can get decent seats. Baumer's scientific crowd report has me optimistic :)

Your seat has an assigned row and seat #. It should be printed right on your ticket. That way there's no dispute about who gets to sit where. The only thing showing up early gets you is the ability to pick from a better selection of seats if you haven't bought your ticket already (but you can do that online from home so there's not much point).

Yeah I have great seats. I just hopes there's no arguing. Reserved seats are new to everyone!

• Founder / Operator

Maybe the funniest scene in any movie:

More than 100 years of our civilization making movies in some form or another, and we still come back to the classically reliable "poop joke" for assured entertainment.

• Like 3

I can't tell you how many times I've watched that scene, and I always die laughing

I think the best part is the stomping that Harry does as he's finishing it up. It's the little subtle things that Jeff Daniels does that makes me laugh. The squeal as it all comes out, the whiff that he takes after he's finished, the look of horror on his eyes as he finds out the toilet doesn't work...

Brilliance.

• Like 3

IIRC, the Man on the Moon bit was also ad-lib. Some of the bests are, heh.

It's not really ad-lib or anything but I love the story of the scene in Being John Malkovich where the guy says "think fast Malkovich!" and threw a beer can at his head. The best part was that apparently that wasn't supposed to happen, that extra was just being a dick. But the director liked it and since it was kept in he got a pay rise because he went from extra 2 speaking role.
  • Like 2

If there is any justice in the world, that will play during Jeff Daniels' In Memoriam at the Oscars.

Would it be too cruel to get a shot of Jeff Daniels' face before he meets his end in Speed?

I will be interested to see the 3D share on this movie. Rallax's theater lines up with what I'm seeing at the theaters I'm familiar with. Lots of sellouts for 2D shows, but hardly any sellouts for 3D shows.

I said this last night.

• Like 1