Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Great for IM3. But does anyone fell sorry for Oblivion? :P

Ugh.  I had the misfortune to see that disaster of a movie last weekend.  One of the worst films I've seen in theaters.

As for IM3, not as good as IM, but better than IM2.  As I'm not a comic book fan of this series, the "twist" as people call it, didn't bother me - it was a bit intriguing.  And always great to see Guy Pearce in a movie.

• Like 1

So lemme get this straight...

IM3 is on pace to make more domestically in its first nine days than TASM made in its entire run. OK, I'll finally admit it, box office-wise it now goes Batman, Iron Man then Spider-Man.

• Like 5

Let's not forget DH2 is Harry Potter #8

Would IM8 earn as much? Perform as much?

True enough, but consider the fact that Iron Man Three is actually Marvel Studios/Avengers #7. Numbers 8-11 are coming along at a pace of one every few months for the next two years. Who knows how much the series will be raking in by the time TA2 launches almost exactly two years from now. 

Let's not forget DH2 is Harry Potter #8

Would IM8 earn as much? Perform as much?

Perhaps if it was based off of a wildly successful series of books.

Iron Man comic books. 

C'mon that's not a fair comparison for numerous reason.

1) Actual readership of the Iron Man comics is far lower than those that read the Harry Potter books

2) Comics are serialized, whereas Harry Potter was one series, so naturally the final installment was going to see a boost.

3) Harry Potter was able to keep the same cast for 8 movies.  By the time Iron Man becomes Iron Man 8, RDJ will be long gone

4) Iron Man's weak rogues gallery is already an issue, by hypothetical movie 8 they'll really be scraping the barrel.

It could end up with $700 million ww this weekend already ! :o 

Damn , get that billion's mark next sunday and share that record spot with AVATAR, TA and HPDH2 !

• Like 1

I knew it was going to enjoy a nice bump based off how busy it was today at my theater. We had around 6,000 admits for IM3 tonight, 4,000 2D and 2,000 3D. It did gangbusters all day, even had to add a 12:40 am show.

• Like 1

I knew it was going to enjoy a nice bump based off how busy it was today at my theater. We had around 6,000 admits for IM3 tonight, 4,000 2D and 2,000 3D. It did gangbusters all day, even had to add a 12:40 am show.

Are you still at Edwards Ontario?