Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

True but my theory is that initially GA gave GL movie a chance thinking it may pay off like similarly unknown commodities like IM and Thor before it. Hence the decent OW. But then ai-ai-ai!!!

Maybe that's true too. But even a totally obscure and hard to market character like Hellboy managed a $25m OW. The point is comic book movies are almost always guaranteed 20m+ on OW because they have at least a small built in audience that will show up on OW. I think $40m is the lowest IM1 would have gone, regardless of marketing.

The funniest thing to me about Green Lantern was seeing the level of denial on SHH. Seriously amazing level of denial from the fans on there.

LOL if you go to the Justice League section on SHH there's a thread about whether or not Ryan Reynolds should be in that movie, and the vote is split 50/50 with people saying Flop Lantern "wasn't his fault" and that he "deserves a second chance" :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 5

I don't care about Wonder Woman, but I do want to see a Flash movie.

An incredibly good and seriously handled Wonder Woman movie has the potential to make more than Thor. After all, she is DC's Thor and a popular feminist icon to boot.

LOL if you go to the Justice League section on SHH there's a thread about whether or not Ryan Reynolds should be in that movie, and the vote is split 50/50 with people saying Flop Lantern "wasn't his fault" and that he "deserves a second chance" :rofl: :rofl:

The denial continues even 2 years later. Probably never going to go away, unless a JLA film actually does get made with another actor. Then the diehards will turn on Reynolds like the diehard Spidey fans turned on Maguire.

• Like 2

If people have any concern for JL on SHH, they will keep Ryan Reynolds away from the movie so we don't have repressed memories of the movie return as we're watching it.

The irony is that it seems Joss Whedon is planning for Quicksilver to be in TA2, that is just sad for Flash  :sadno:

Seriously. I can't believe the Marvel characters we'll see onscreen before Wonder Woman or Flash.

The denial continues even 2 years later. Probably never going to go away, unless a JLA film actually does get made with another actor. Then the diehards will turn on Reynolds like the diehard Spidey fans turned on Maguire.

And Keaton. I can't believe how much some people over there hate on Keaton

It'll happen to Bale too for sure when the live action role gets recast. Conroy is the only one that seems to have universal approval regardless of who the "new" Batman is in various adaptations.

Michael Keaton? Keaton was pretty good. Honestly, the only Batman that was a miscast was Clooney.

• Like 1

How dare you  :angry:  :P

The irony is that it seems Joss Whedon is planning for Quicksilver to be in TA2, that is just sad for Flash  :sadno:

Eh I think superspeed is a fairly generic power. I mean, they gave Beast superspeed in First Class. Don't think QS in Avengers will affect Flash really