Jandrew

All Eyez On Me - Tupac Biopic - June 16 2017 | Lionsgate

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

She said the actors did the best they could have done with what they were given

Jada's trying to tell us that they were given garbage. 

Trying to tell us. She didn't outright say it. When I think of someone trashing a film, I think more of "This movie sucks ass and is horrendous." I feel like Jada didn't do that and was way more nice about it....hence why I don't feel like she trashed the film. But I guess that all depends on ones opinion of trashing lol 

16 minutes ago, Nova said:

Trying to tell us. She didn't outright say it. When I think of someone trashing a film, I think more of "This movie sucks ass and is horrendous." I feel like Jada didn't do that and was way more nice about it....hence why I don't feel like she trashed the film. But I guess that all depends on ones opinion of trashing lol 

when I think of trashing a movie I think of CJohn giving it a 9.5/10

• Like 8

Straight Outta Compton was more cinematic than All Eyez on Me.

F. Gary Gray is a much better director than Benny Boom, who I think has only directed music videos;  and they had a much better script + actors. 

The main actor playing Tupac looks like he's doing an impression not actually interpreting the role. 

They should have waited until John Singleton could direct it, instead of trying to rush it out b/c of SOC.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 2

• Community Manager

My awareness of Tupac is limited to he was a rapper who died so clearly this movie was never going to appeal to me but man I remember watching the trailer and thinking it looked like they spent $500 to shoot it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Straight Outta Compton was more cinematic than All Eyez on Me.

F. Gary Gray is a much better director than Benny Boom, who I think has only directed music videos;  and they had a much better script + actors. 

The main actor playing Tupac looks like he's doing an impression not actually interpreting the role. 

They should have waited until John Singleton could direct it, instead of trying to rush it out b/c of SOC.

yeas this. They should have gotten John Singleton and actually like consulted Tupac friends and family. More effort was needed. 

smh he deserved better 

• Like 2

Just got out of the theater...man it sucked. I really wanted to like it but there were little to no redeeming qualities. Undercooked, sloppy and misguided. Very disappointed. Think of all the flaws of Notorious and then multiply it by 10. Then remove decent editing, sense of character and narrative flow. 4.5/10

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cheesypoofs said:

Has anyone watched this to confirm if there really is a character using an iPhone at some point during the film? I've read that rumor quite a bit.

No lol, but he did unfollow Biggie on Instagram