Jandrew

All Eyez On Me - Tupac Biopic - June 16 2017 | Lionsgate

Could this be the SOC of 2016? I think so. Looks like theyre straying more the SOC route than Notorious one. I think this could a big sleeper for the holiday season. If reviews are excellent, look out.

Only thing that worries me is Open Road Films. They have to get this to as many eyes as possible. Tupac is my favorite rapper of all time, please dont screw this up.

There's enough of a following out there that this could be huge.  No one thought SOC would be huge, we could be doing the same with this one as well.

Just now, cheesypoofs said:

I think this will open to Notorious numbers but with much better legs....still don't understand why that movie's legs were complete shit. It wasn't a bad film by any means. It was actually pretty decent from what I can remember.

The fanbase pretty much ran out on opening weekend and appeal to everybody else wasn't very high.

I'm thinking something like a $60M total. Straight Outta Compton definitely had more going for it (Universal backing instead of Lionsgate, releasing in a quiet August vs. a very competitive June).

22 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I really hope this isnt coming out next month. There has been zero marketing and in turn, zero hype. I mean zero. No one cares. I cant believe Tupac is being botched like this.

I have not seen any ads for this and nothing when I go theaters

51 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I really hope this isnt coming out next month. There has been zero marketing and in turn, zero hype. I mean zero. No one cares. I cant believe Tupac is being botched like this.

29 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I have not seen any ads for this and nothing when I go theaters

Same. Maybe the advertisements are selective?

I saw a trailer in front of Get Out and one TV spot about a week ago. If it was something the size and budget of WW, i'd be more concerned. If I see no more advertising when we're about two weeks out, then I'll be worried.