grim22

Secret Life of Pets 2 | June 7 2019 | Illumination | Dropped more than half from the first movie. Also 14th most profitable movie of 2019

Just now, grim22 said:

There is a Charlie's Angels movie? Again? I think the big flop of 2019 Summer will now be between Charlie's Angels and Cowboy Ninja Viking.

It'll be Sony's third attempt at a modern Charlie's Angels franchise, they had the 2000 film and its sequel, a failed TV reboot and now this new film. My guess is it'll move to May 31st or August.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

It'll be Sony's third attempt at a modern Charlie's Angels franchise, they had the 2000 film and its sequel, a failed TV reboot and now this new film. My guess is it'll move to May 31st or August.

Move to Mother's Day weekend, and promote it as 'Women kicking ass'. Big OW guaranteed thanks to Mother-Daughter Matinees.

Did the TV reboot even last 5 episodes? I remember it being promoted bigtime but then it barely aired any episodes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wonder why Illumination are moving from their traditional July slot? I guess they are worried about The Lion King but it'll have its legs cut down by TS4 two weeks later. I won't be surprised if this makes less than the first film

The Lion King is a bigger threat than TS4, so the new June date is wise. This is still probably going to make less than the original.

• Like 3

Just now, grim22 said:

Move to Mother's Day weekend, and promote it as 'Women kicking ass'. Big OW guaranteed thanks to Mother-Daughter Matinees.

Did the TV reboot even last 5 episodes? I remember it being promoted bigtime but then it barely aired any episodes.

A week after the second Avengers Infinity War film would be a huge risk although it did wonders for The Great Gatsby 4 years ago.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Wonder why Illumination are moving from their traditional July slot? I guess they are worried about The Lion King but it'll have its legs cut down by TS4 two weeks later. I won't be surprised if this makes less than the first film

This is good actually. It's away from Homecoming 2 on OW, and doesn't have to worry about Lion King decimating it. TS4 at most is looking at a $120M OW, and Lion King can very well go over $225M on OW.

• Thanks 1