WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I've been hearing this and reading this on our site so much now. And you really have nothing to base this on. You're simply basing it on the fact that the Jungle Book did large numbers. This could easily do Maleficent kind of run.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

How about trailer views? Or 90s nostalgia?

What he said. Beauty and the Beast has MUCH more hype than any of the previous remakes ever did.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

How about trailer views? Or 90s nostalgia?

I'm not saying that it doesn't have a chance to do very well I'm just saying film is never that easy to predict. You're using trailer views and nineties Nostalgia and The Jungle Book as a comparison. There are plenty of other films who have had massive amounts of trailer views that don't necessarily do massive amounts of numbers. Again I'm not saying that it won't I'm just saying that let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet kind of thing

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

also Independence day resurgence had plenty of trailer views (about the same as BATB) and it bombed

It's trailer views were actually on the anemic side , especially for it's genre, which is why I never bought into the big predicted numbers.   Even now just on YT they're lower than B&B after being out a year longer and not performing nearly as well on FB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's trailer views were actually on the anemic side , especially for it's genre, which is why I never bought into the big predicted numbers.   Even now just on YT they're lower than B&B after being out a year longer and not performing nearly as well on FB.

do people still watch trailers after the movie's release?

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm not saying that it doesn't have a chance to do very well I'm just saying film is never that easy to predict. You're using trailer views and nineties Nostalgia and The Jungle Book as a comparison. There are plenty of other films who have had massive amounts of trailer views that don't necessarily do massive amounts of numbers. Again I'm not saying that it won't I'm just saying that let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet kind of thing

Baumer, I love ya buddy, but this is going to be another Rogue One situation.  Beauty and the Beast is going to be massive.  Take my word on it.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, mahnamahna said:

I'm thinking Split will do

$2 million

$14 million

$17 million 

$10.5 million ($43.5 million OW) 

Late-night business should be strong enough for a $15-17 million overall opening day. 

That would be huge!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Baumer, I love ya buddy, but this is going to be another Rogue One situation.  Beauty and the Beast is going to be massive.  Take my word on it.  

Hold the fort there buddy lol.  I'm not saying it won't be and I'm not making a club for something like under 300.  I'm just spit balling at this point.  I'm very much looking forward to it.  I'm just looking at it from both sides. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

do people still watch trailers after the movie's release?

Yes, they continue to rack up views though not at the same pace.  

B&B though hasn't even entered it's big push and it's YT numbers should rise by several million before it opens.  Even so it did far more damage on FB

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/beauty-and-the-beast-trailer-record-most-views-1201918863/

Disney’s trailer for Emma Watson’s “Beauty and the Beast” has set a new record with 127.6 million views in its first 24 hours, the studio announced Tuesday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Hey, any idea where split might end up for the night? :)

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Hold the fort there buddy lol.  I'm not saying it won't be and I'm not making a club for something like under 300.  I'm just spit balling at this point.  I'm very much looking forward to it.  I'm just looking at it from both sides. :)

Sure thing, but Disney has put a laser like focus on this, a massive campaign and they really seem to believe in it.  Teaser trailer with a big push, then a big trailer push, multiple ads on tv, song released, huge ad buy on New Year's Eve, poster releases and it isn't even February yet.  They know it is going to be a giant hit and are pushing it like one.  

Maleficent, Cinderella and Jungle Book didn't get this much marketing support combined.  

• Like 8