WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The RT audience score is 49%. ICAN was around 54% at the same point in time.

That's really odd.  ICA is full of chicanery....audiences at least know what they are getting into in this film.

But I guess it's the ending that people don't like......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Notorious was released in 2009. Comparing previews (which I don't even think it had) isn't fair at all.

Then you have no basis to compare it to Notorious.  

Why compare it to Notorious and not Compton?

Just now, baumer said:

Did Notorious do 3.1 million in previews?

Previews weren't actually a thing then but it pretty much died after opening weekend. I mean:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $36,843,682    83.0%
Foreign:  $7,528,069    17.0%

Worldwide:  $44,371,751  
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend:  $20,497,596
(#4 rank, 1,638 theaters, $12,514 average)
% of Total Gross:  55.6%
> View All 11 Weekends
Widest Release:  1,641 theaters
Close Date:  April 2, 2009
In Release:  77 days / 11 weeks

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Previews weren't actually a thing then but it pretty much died after opening weekend. I mean:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $36,843,682    83.0%
Foreign:  $7,528,069    17.0%

Worldwide:  $44,371,751  
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend:  $20,497,596
(#4 rank, 1,638 theaters, $12,514 average)
% of Total Gross:  55.6%
> View All 11 Weekends
Widest Release:  1,641 theaters
Close Date:  April 2, 2009
In Release:  77 days / 11 weeks

Previews weren't a thing?  LOL...How long have you been following box office?  Midnights were out then.  

Just now, baumer said:

That's really odd.  ICA is full of chicanery....audiences at least know what they are getting into in this film.

But I guess it's the ending that people don't like......

47 Meters is the better film, in my opinion. But I also love shark films :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That would give it a better multi than Inside Out, which had stellar reception.  I highly doubt it.

I could see Cars being less front loaded on the weekend than Inside Out. Inside Out was mega hyped.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I could see Cars being less front loaded on the weekend than Inside Out. Inside Out was mega hyped.

Cars 3 is the third installment in the series, so it makes sense that it'd be more frontloaded, especially since its reception isn't as great.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Previews weren't a thing?  LOL...How long have you been following box office?  Midnights were out then.  

They weren't as mainstream as today, tho. I am trying to find out how much Notorious did at midnights if anything was reported at all.

Just now, baumer said:

Midnights/previews/whatever weren't as big of a deal for non-blockbuster movies then. Now, every movie has their early numbers reported.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Cars 3 is the third installment in the series, so it makes sense that it'd be more frontloaded, especially since its reception isn't as great.

Ain't nobody rushing out to see cars

• Like 1

Why would All Eyez On Me just die after this weekend? Or after Opening Day like some of you are claiming? Sure its going to be somewhat front loaded because of Tupac's birthday and the reviews haven't been stellar but its audience reception seems fine to me and in the end what the audience thinks of it is what matters when it comes to its box office run.  

• Like 5

Is there no way Disney/Pixar could have put some more gap between Cars3 and DM3?

Consider,

IO 90+ vs JW 100+

MU 82+ vs WWZ 66+

So even if Mummy's potential OW once upon a time looked at 50-55 to folks at Disney/Pixar,

Cars3 55+ vs Mummy 50+ still seems a better release weekend, considering it gives one more week away from freaking DM3.

EDIT: WONDR wasn't supposed to do 58 back then though :P

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Why would All Eyez On Me just die after this weekend? Or after Opening Day like some of you are claiming? Sure its going to be somewhat front loaded because of Tupac's birthday and the reviews haven't been stellar but its audience reception seems fine to me and in the end what the audience thinks of it is what matters when it comes to its box office run.  

Notorious had good audience reception too.

So, Zima is back. Zima, Jolly Ranchers and the worst hangover I've had since I sampled Four Loco nearly a decade ago. Ban that shit! It wasn't worth drinking to hearken back it's debut in '93 what I was 7 running to the theater to see Jurassic Park over a dozen times.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is there no way Disney/Pixar could have put some more gap between Cars3 and DM3?

Consider,

IO 90+ vs JW 100+

MU 82+ vs WWZ 66+

So even if Mummy's potential OW once upon a time looked at 50-55 to folks at Disney/Pixar,

Cars3 55+ vs Mummy 50+ still seems a better release weekend, considering it gives one more week away from freaking DM3.

EDIT: WONDR wasn't supposed to do 58 back then though :P

Would it help?  This is a 2 quadrant movie for little boys and their dads...it's really got the perfect weekend for it (start of summer, Father's Day weekend, etc).  Whatever OW BO it gets this weekend was not gonna be higher on any other weekend...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They weren't as mainstream as today, tho. I am trying to find out how much Notorious did at midnights if anything was reported at all.

Previews only came into effect after 2012 with the Dark Knight Rises shooting. Before that midnights were not only a thing they were massive. Where are you guys getting this that there were no previews in 2009? Midnight's were way bigger than previews are now. Every movie had Midnight's back in the day.