WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is going to hurt the movie :jeb!: 

Edit: Removing the second tweet because I'm sure someone would shout SPOILER!

yeah i know lol. I was just saying maybe they should have actually consulted people who knew him. Might have been a better film They should have waited until they had the best team for it. I feel SOC turned out well because Cube and Dre were actually involved in making it. (although that had innacuracies of course) I know his mom was an exec producer  but I doubt she had much imput in the film. 

• Like 2

On paper, that's a promising number for All Eyez On Me, but it's very evident that it's gonna be a frontloaded movie. It'll probably still do like 55-60M DOM, but if the wom really isn't that great, this is gonna be more Warcraft than Straight Outta Compton.

Cars 3 also pretty solid. Monsters University had a smaller number, but in all likeliness better wom and less frontloadedness from being a threequel. Still, it's looking at low to mid 60's, which isn't bad at all. If anything, it's very much on par w/the other Cars movies (despite the years of inflation + IMAX), so it proves that whatever audience they have is still there, even if it hasn't expanded.

Rough Night and 47 Meters not so good.

• Like 1

The last trailer for Rough Night was just so bad. I'm a fan of literally everyone in the movie but I have no plans to see it. It's just way too zany.

The real turning point for me was the whole Kate McKinnon Australian accent gag. Like... ugh. That's not even that funny for an SNL gag much less for an entire movie. I think she is so so funny but she seems totally wasted in the movie.

I'm curious to see Bohemian Rhapsody does next year as a biopic about Queen and Freddie Mercury in general was long overdue, I hope it's not sanitised but the remaining member of Queen are involved as producers and they may not want his more savoury behaviour to be portrayed on screen. 

• Like 1

We did a pig dissection in biology and every group had to come up with a name for the pig (the teacher said it had to be funny or referential or something) and the winning "team" gets a 4% bonus on their next test.

One of the groups called theirs Notorious P.I.G aka Piggy Smalls and he was like

"... I don't get it" and gave the prize to "Chewbacon" instead I was like ugh :lol:

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 3

Just now, Jonwo said:

I'm curious to see Bohemian Rhapsody does next year as a biopic about Queen and Freddie Mercury in general was long overdue, I hope it's not sanitised but the remaining member of Queen are involved as producers and they may not want his more savoury behaviour to be portrayed on screen. 

I have that movie performing well over Christmas with a 25/148 run.

Just now, DAJK said:

We did a pig dissection in biology and every group had to come up with a name for the pig (the teacher said it had to be funny or referential or something) and the winning "team" gets a 4% bonus on their next test.

One of the groups called theirs Notorious P.I.G aka Piggy Smalls and he was like

"... I don't get it" and gave the prize to "Chewbacon" instead I was like ugh :lol:

:wintf:

Just now, Jonwo said:

I'm very curious about this one as well.

I was never fully on board with SBC as Mercury but I totally agreed with what he said about leaving the film. If what he said was true and the band members do try to make it more about the band itself rather than specifically about Freddie, then I don't expect great things. I definitely get the vibe that the rest of Queen do want it to be more sanitized.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

if it's still the 50% fredie mercury/50% queen after he died flick that the rest of the band want (and the reason why that project's been a revolving door) then it'll be a suck ass flop. bryan singer as director doesn't give the greatest confidence that they've changed their minds to go for an interesting route.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if it's still the 50% fredie mercury/50% queen after he died flick that the rest of the band want (and the reason why that project's been a revolving door) then it'll be a suck ass flop. bryan singer as director doesn't give the greatest confidence that they've changed their minds to go for an interesting route.

According to IMDB, it chronicles the years leading up to Queen's appearance at the Live Aid concert in 1985.

4 minutes ago, nomyth said:

I'm very curious about this one as well.

I was never fully on board with SBC as Mercury but I totally agreed with what he said about leaving the film. If what he said was true and the band members do try to make it more about the band itself rather than specifically about Freddie, then I don't expect great things. I definitely get the vibe that the rest of Queen do want it to be more sanitized.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

If true then it's dissapointing to hear. I get that the other members of Queen don't want to harm Freddie's image but IMO it's worse to basically scrub out his hedonistic behaviour because as talented as he was, showing that side of him is better and more truthful than making him a saint which he wasn't. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

if John Lasseter wakes up one day and goes "I've got a great idea for Cars 4!" , then Cars 4 is getting made

And it will happen 5-6 years from now when this group of aged 3-9 boys have again aged out of the toy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Because The Shallows was pretty successful last year. 

Thats the reason why it got a wide release according to the director. 

Well that and obviously the studio thought it had potential but according to the director, they considered a wide release after they saw the success of The Shallows and figured the GA wants films this. 

Well, they just forgot that (apart of being a good movie), The Shallows also had Blake Lively. ;) 

• Like 1