WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They weren't as mainstream as today, tho. I am trying to find out how much Notorious did at midnights if anything was reported at all.

They probably did not report them because they were not big. The movie opened to about $20,000,000, so I highly doubt that it will have had $3,100,000 midnight showings. The Harry Potter movies in particular used to put up huge numbers with 12:00am showings, so they were surely a mainstream thing. 

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I definitely remember you. Xiayun does post at KJ now and then, though he is not as regular as few years back. 

Ah, well good to know he's still in it. He was absolutely on fire for a couple years there. I wonder if he still predicts. But I'm glad to see so many familiar names still posting here. Pretty much all the regulars in fact! I was glad to see posters like 8wombi and rolling thunder still predicting. Gopher is the only other poster off the top of my head who I haven't seen around.

• Like 2

Liking Cars3 preview numbers more and more.

Has a very good shot at 60m. Needs 21.4x the previews.

Would be a very consistent 60-66 ow performance for the Cars franchise.

If it crosses 60m with some comfort (62-63m) then has a solid shot at going over Lego Bat's dom.

Needs 2.80-2.85x to do 177 with a 62-63 ow. Despite DM3 that should be achievable. Reception seems good.

1 minute ago, nomyth said:

Ah, well good to know he's still in it. He was absolutely on fire for a couple years there. I wonder if he still predicts. But I'm glad to see so many familiar names still posting here. Pretty much all the regulars in fact! I was glad to see posters like 8wombi and rolling thunder still predicting. Gopher is the only other poster off the top of my head who I haven't seen around.

@Gopher does post in these forums. Just that he is busy with big things these days. Xiayun is still the best prognosticator for me. 

• Like 3

There is nothing solid about those Rough Night numbers. They are atrocious. It will probably open in the extremely low teens. There is going to be nothing that her representatives are going to be able to do with those numbers when it is time to close deals a the lead in the future. A guy who I used to work with works at Scarlett Johansson's agency now, and he was just telling me a few weeks ago how some people there are worried about Scarlett Johansson. Her political involvement, Ghost in the Shell and her not having any social media all are thought to have potentially deleterious affects on her career in the foreseeable future. It looks like those people are right. I know that it is going to be terrible over there on Monday. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy

This is going to hurt the movie :jeb!: 

Edit: Removing the second tweet because I'm sure someone would shout SPOILER!

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 5

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

@Gopher does post in these forums. Just that he is busy with big things these days. Xiayun is still the best prognosticator for me. 

Good to hear regarding Gopher! Wish him all the best for sure. I remember he was up there with xiayun around the time the derbies closed down.

Yeah, xiayun has always been the gold standard for predictions imo. He really has an understanding for the ebb and flow of the market.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

What are the odds Pixar will make Cars 4. what do you think?

100% imo. Merchandizing gold-mine and this is looking at 160-180 dom and if it gets a China release then 400+ ww. Normally doing 2x the prod budget globally would not be enough but Cars is unique in how much money it makes from other sources. I think they will make one more at least and hopefully it won't be a step down like C2 was from C1.

Cars is potentially the F&F franchise of Pixar:

c7d68e3efa8b55763ae4f0fbd02abb7e.jpg

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Random thought that occurred to me: if MEW was cast as Domino in Deadpool 2 like rumored, I would be having her and Hailee in back to back weeks next June :sadben: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, a2knet said:

100% imo. Merchandizing gold-mine and this is looking at 160+ dom at least and if it gets a China release then 400 ww. Normally doing 2x the prod budget globally would not be enough but Cars is unique in how much money it makes from other sources. I think they will make one more at least and hopefully it won't be a step down like C2 was from C1.

Cars is potentially the F&F franchise of Pixar:

c7d68e3efa8b55763ae4f0fbd02abb7e.jpg

It'd be easier for Disney just to do a TV series and continue it that route than a fourth film. I don't think there's appetite for another film as the franchise isn't as loved compared to other Pixar films. 

• Like 1