WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

24 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is there no way Disney/Pixar could have put some more gap between Cars3 and DM3?

Consider,

IO 90+ vs JW 100+

MU 82+ vs WWZ 66+

So even if Mummy's potential OW once upon a time looked at 50-55 to folks at Disney/Pixar,

Cars3 55+ vs Mummy 50+ still seems a better release weekend, considering it gives one more week away from freaking DM3.

EDIT: WONDR wasn't supposed to do 58 back then though :P

overseas they are releasing Cars 3 in most places in July. Don't see why they didn't do it domestic as well

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Cars 3 is the third installment in the series, so it makes sense that it'd be more frontloaded, especially since its reception isn't as great.

reception is way better than Cars 2 it seems and many say it is better than the first which was a very well liked film

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

As per 47 Em Down, I'm thinking the ending of the movie might have audiences kind of angry about it. For those who have seen it you'll probably end up agreeing with me perhaps.

Yup. That ending is going to ruin the film for so many folks....or so it seems. Oh well. I thought it was fine. Any gripes I personally had with the film had very little to do with the ending lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

why did 47 Meters get a wide release? that shit's been online for a year and its a bad movie anyway

Because The Shallows was pretty successful last year. 

Thats the reason why it got a wide release according to the director. 

Well that and obviously the studio thought it had potential but according to the director, they considered a wide release after they saw the success of The Shallows and figured the GA wants films this. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

why did 47 Meters get a wide release? that shit's been online for a year and its a bad movie anyway

We've been through this about 25 times. It might be a crap movie in your opinion but a lot of us actually enjoyed it and they're just capitalizing on the shallows and it's probably going to work for them.

• Like 2

Ugh. I knew I should have kept my All Eyez prediction higher. All the nay saying around here got to me and I lowered it to 24M. Always knew it should be good for 25-30 tho. And it could go higher, although this will certainly have one of the smallest IM for it's OW this year.

Super curious to see the Father's Day effect this year. And even with all these openers, I'm most excited to see WW's #.

• Like 2

Just now, baumer said:

We've been through this about 25 times. It might be a crap movie in your opinion but a lot of us actually enjoyed it and they're just capitalizing on the shallows and it's probably going to work for them.

I feel like I have answered this same question every single day for the past two weeks :rofl:

• Like 2

Eyez number is great but it will be mega frontloaded I think. Cars 3 number is good, lets see what it does over the weekend though. Rough Night's number is disappointing. Wouldn't be shocked if it only did 10mil. We'll have to wait and see though, maybe it will do better than I'm thinking. 

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not just that. Mandy Moore has become very popular in the last few months thanks to This is Us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, POTUS said:

You lookin aight 

Derby based on the 4 releases at 62 30 11 7

Out of 40

2 newbies in the lead. 

1        damnitgeorge08    38.95
2        nomyth    36.90
3        Exxdee    35.98
4        Matrix4You    35.57
5        WrathOfHan    35.49
6        Bates    34.15
7        The Fast and the Furiosa    34.01
8        Fancyarcher    33.78
9        Rolling Thunder    33.77
10        TalismanRing    33.58
11        aabattery    33.44
12        POTUS    32.69
13        Derby Average    32.13

Wish I could pretend I was really a newbie but I used to predict in the BOM derby all the time as The Tramp/Avery Gentle. And, not to toot my own horn, but I used to be up there with king xiayun (anybody know if he's still around?). Getting back into predicting recently reminded me how hard and time consuming making accurate predictions can actually be. I've definitely gotten off to a shaky start but it's fun getting back into it again. I'm really glad this site kept the derby going. I used to be all about it in 09-10. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yup. That ending is going to ruin the film for so many folks....or so it seems. Oh well. I thought it was fine. Any gripes I personally had with the film had very little to do with the ending lol 

The ending did not bother me in the least, but I could definitely see people feeling angry about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

I feel like I have answered this same question every single day for the past two weeks :rofl:

I know right? :qotd:

5 minutes ago, nomyth said:

Wish I could pretend I was really a newbie but I used to predict in the BOM derby all the time as The Tramp/Avery Gentle. And, not to toot my own horn, but I used to be up there with king xiayun (anybody know if he's still around?). Getting back into predicting recently reminded me how hard and time consuming making accurate predictions can actually be. I've definitely gotten off to a shaky start but it's fun getting back into it again. I'm really glad this site kept the derby going. I used to be all about it in 09-10. 

I definitely remember you. Xiayun does post at KJ now and then, though he is not as regular as few years back. 

• Like 2